Nothing left to do in the game

by andrewr_origin

Original Post

Nothing left to do in the game

★★★★ Novice

I have been playing NFS No Limits for about 1.5 years. I completed the campaign, got 100 rep points, VIP 4, have about $6m. I played Blackridge Rivals for a while and have been upgrading cars but there's very little left to do.

I have been upgrading the Koenigsegg but the late stages of upgrading have been made so tedious having to collect 70 blueprints and then 16 black parts per component with everything being time-locked to a couple of items per day and this has to be done for every car. Am I supposed to play this game for 40 years before I can unlock everything?

To make matters worse, a lot of cars can't be unlocked. I have about a dozen cars in my garage blanked out that say there are no locations for them or I should buy premium crates (loot boxes) and hope for the best. What's the point of cars that have no locations at all, including the crates? The Hoonicorn for example.

I have completed about 20 of the car series events and found another 22 locked events in there but I have none of the cars and can't get any of the cars so what am I expected to do here?

I really like the game and want to keep playing but I can't see any way to access more content.

- I'm no good at the special events, I never get to the last days so they are a waste of time for me and stopped playing

- Blackridge Rivals was ok but I have to play too many races to win anything and time locks are too long. I don't want to win wraps or basic crates, just premium crates. Why not do 5 stages with 10 sets of 3 races with 5 premium crates per stage? You can add basic crates and wraps in too.

- chop shop is pointless, no high level premium parts, can't use in-game dollars to buy anything, can't exchange in-game dollars for gold

- gold and car prices are way too high. To unlock a car fully needs something like 250+ blueprints plus 96 black parts. A premium crate is 100 gold so assuming you even get a blueprint in each one, it would take 25,000 gold to unlock a car for cars where you can't win the blueprints. This is about $500, right? Who on earth is this purchasing model designed for?

Why can't I just buy each locked car for $5, there are dozens of cars. Why can't I buy a level up on each car for $5? It doesn't have to be for gold, it can be direct purchases so that cheats can't get ahead of players who pay for the content like they do now. Why doesn't the chop shop sell everything?

Regarding races, I'd like to have single levels to take part in. Those random ones that show up in the campaign screens are good but I didn't even get a notification they were there. After spending so much time upgrading my cars, I wanted to be able to race them but there's no new levels being added.

Look at Need For Speed Underground where there were drifting levels, drag racing, levels where you jump over bridges and race through narrow streets with shortcuts. Why can't we do takedowns on rival vehicles and have races to get a number of takedowns. What about chase events where you have to damage an opponent's car. The crash events from Burnout were good too but I doubt EA would want to add those.

I want to race upgraded cars on new tracks. The game keeps getting 1GB+ updates every month and doesn't seem to be adding anything that I can play. Why not make use of the map and make new squares with entirely new content like an entirely new campaign.

The levels added can also have ghost competitors where other players' races show while racing and there can be leaderboards to compete for the best times. As you raced through the level, the next fastest ghost car would show up ahead. Getting the best times can have rewards and the levels can be replayed.

More weather conditions would be nice, I'd like to race through the snow and rain (puddles to avoid), curved mountain roads, dirt tracks.

If there's an entirely new NFS game in the works, maybe that game can add some of these things but there doesn't need to be another game because it would have the same progression system. This game just needs to work as a platform and keep adding interesting upgrades, which the special events and Blackridge aren't.

Message 1 of 2 (1,027 Views)

Re: Nothing left to do in the game

★★★★ Novice

+1

But for EA, the problem is they need money and it is more important than players satisfaction.

EA is known to give highest priority to micro transactions and earnings in all its NFS games.

EA hunger started from NFS W and it is growing with each NFS title they launch.

Message 2 of 2 (846 Views)