Nothing but disappointment

by TheIceDragon96

Original Post

Nothing but disappointment

★ Guide

It's painful to see this game go down like this. For years we've been asking for fixes to matchmaking, finally we hear that it's being worked on, and instead of doing the smart thing and working to fix this broken system, we're getting not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 "collection events" in a row. It seems that rEspAwn have been infected by greed. Instead of giving us what we've been asking for years to get, we get recolors of $10 skins for $160.

How can you expect us to give you money, when you actively punish us for performing well by giving us noobs to carry against 3 stack pred squads. I don't want your reactive skins, I want to play and ENJOY your game. 

Message 1 of 6 (267 Views)

Re: Nothing but disappointment

★★★★★ Pro
@TheIceDragon96 I don't know about you, but I'm not spending another penny on Apex until I see some real progress addressing the long standing issues with this game. Matchmaking is #1 on my list so until they do something real about that, I'm not spending any more money on this game.
Message 2 of 6 (252 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

The game is flawed at its core. By paying for items you are getting some happiness, but that may only last 2ish years when the game goes the way of Titanfall. By spending money on the game you are widening the crack that will split apex in half. After that, they’ll be another fantastic record breaking game very soon after, and the entire world will have moved on, only remembering the greed of EA and respawn. In summery, if $20 can buy you happiness, go for it, but know that it will not last forever.

Message 3 of 6 (238 Views)

Champion

Not only have they released a massive blog post about the matchmaking and their future plans/design philosophy, but they're also doing active tests on certain regions to get data and see if they can improve the matchmaker.

Do also note that the skin designers are a whole different department than the ones that design the matchmaker, so if a lot of skins get released (or events like this get released) it will not indicate that they are not working on the issue.

Even with LTM's, it will not indicate slow progress with them trying to improve the matchmaking as the ones that make LTM's will most likely also be much different than those included in the development of matchmaking systems. (Which is usually data-analysts and whatever you can get your hands on)

Personally believe it's a tad unfair to complain about it when they're working on it and being much more transparent.

Of course we won't see results that fast, but surely some improvements will be seen over a longer timespan.

Message 4 of 6 (233 Views)

★ Guide
@XHelperZ Homie, my problem is that they're focusing on cosmetics at all when such a fundamental problem has been pushed aside for years.
Message 5 of 6 (215 Views)

Champion

@TheIceDragon96 

Well, again, the amount of cosmetics does not indicate how many resources are being put into the other features and fixes.

And yes, it seems like they've been slow to resolve certain issues back in the past, though they're opening up and working on it right as we speak, so why would you complain about this when they're literally taking the steps to improve the matchmaking, etc?
I mean, they're not pushing it away at all as of this moment.

Message 6 of 6 (212 Views)