Not good enough to play this game.

by DropDieRepeat73

Original Post

Re: Not good enough to play this game.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It isn't you and you are hardly ruining it for anyone else.

Go and try TF2 free to prove that it isn't your aim, Quake Champions as well.

Neither are any good but you will see that you can aim, hit and kill.  How can you go from 0% accuracy in this to 40%-60% in QC?  How is that possible?

Go and try the free week that is left of Overwatch - it makes the cartoon of TF2 look like an Ingar Bergman film - it is insane what is popular isn't it and I wouldn't play it for free? - but again you can hit and kill.

I have a 2 year old gaming PC, so it can't be that, 50 meg fibre, so not that either.  I can participate in the named and other online games, so not that.

Here - a piece of baggage carried around by the other 2 players for as long as it takes to meet another squad and become another +1 stat for someone with 75%-100% accuracy.

It is fascinating and compelling to try to understand over the other evidence I've gathered what it must be - hit boxes?, hit registration?, net code?, server lag?, game client?, but in the end you just shrug and move on.

I'm back playing single player games in the continual absence of any decent online games, even there at worst I get 25% accuracy, normally nearly 50%, some games with extreme care I can get over 90%.

If you or anyone else can explain the disparity I would be interested to know.

Message 11 of 14 (256 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Silz616  Yeah it's more difficult on console. Prowler has a high recoil too but if you find a good standard stock it's stable.

Also R99 with a good standard stock and barrel it's a beast. These guns are good for close quarter combat. I always carry a Prowler or R99 as my 2nd gun and sometimes Wingman Longbow or peacekeeper.

R301 is my main gun and if i can't find it then Spitfire.

Message 12 of 14 (236 Views)

★★ Pro

@SpyrosFPS wrote:

@Silz616  Yeah it's more difficult on console. Prowler has a high recoil too but if you find a good standard stock it's stable.

Also R99 with a good standard stock and barrel it's a beast. These guns are good for close quarter combat. I always carry a Prowler or R99 as my 2nd gun and sometimes Wingman Longbow or peacekeeper.

R301 is my main gun and if i can't find it then Spitfire.

301 or r99, > then devotion > then peacemaker > then prowler 

Message 13 of 14 (205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DropDieRepeat73 wrote:

I guess I'm tired of ruining the game for so many people.  As a person that is new to FPS games I guess this isn't the game for me.  I really like the game, but seeing how they put all skill levels into the same game,  seems like you need to be fairly skilled to help your team.  I'll keep a eye out if Respawn decides to reduce the skill gap or puts some sort of Ranked/MMR in the game, but until then I guess it's not the game for me. 

GL everyone.

Hey mahn, don't think too negatively like that. Its always like this for everyone, even more for first-time fps players. 

My first few games, downed/dead within the first 5 minutes. Always spectating squad mates and just mesmerized at how they can maneuver and aim down enemies. Eventually, after several games of just losing you'd begin to pick up a few things here and there. Slowly progressing and honing your skills and thus resulting in your first killParty hat:eahigh_file: Then you'll end up becoming one of the final squads in the endgame. Maybe even be lucky enough to get the winning kill?

Dont give up bruh, keep on playing and eventually anyone can become an Apex Champion!!! Wink

Message 14 of 14 (195 Views)