Not good enough to play this game.

by DropDieRepeat73

Original Post

Not good enough to play this game.

★★★ Newbie

I guess I'm tired of ruining the game for so many people.  As a person that is new to FPS games I guess this isn't the game for me.  I really like the game, but seeing how they put all skill levels into the same game,  seems like you need to be fairly skilled to help your team.  I'll keep a eye out if Respawn decides to reduce the skill gap or puts some sort of Ranked/MMR in the game, but until then I guess it's not the game for me. 

GL everyone.

Message 1 of 14 (967 Views)

Re: Not good enough to play this game.

★ Pro

that my friend is what you call a typical  QUITER because he don't have his way.. Don't be like Jack,  Jack has no Friends..

Message 2 of 14 (952 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You just need a few buddies to play Apex with. Have a look in the Find a Squad section:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Find-a-Squad/ct-p/apex-legends-squad-en

What I do is add players as friends and then I usually get and invite here and there. I don't mind playing on my own though.

Have a nice weekend. Standard smile

Message 3 of 14 (949 Views)

★★ Guide

@DropDieRepeat73 wrote:

I guess I'm tired of ruining the game for so many people.  As a person that is new to FPS games I guess this isn't the game for me.  I really like the game, but seeing how they put all skill levels into the same game,  seems like you need to be fairly skilled to help your team.  I'll keep a eye out if Respawn decides to reduce the skill gap or puts some sort of Ranked/MMR in the game, but until then I guess it's not the game for me. 

GL everyone.

I like your username a lot its very good. This game is definitely not for first time fps players 

I have been playing fps games since i was a kid and i had trouble when i started playing apex. 

My suggestion would be to practice on a game thats more casual but has similar elements, something like overwatch

Its first person and has different characters with abilities so you can at least get a better feel for fps games without going hardcore right away

Or you could try cod/battlefield which have respawn game modes where you dont have to start a new game every time your team dies

Message 4 of 14 (931 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Say what you want but 73 is the year I was born.  I track satellites for the Air Force which is a pressure filled job.  Let's just say they don't like mistakes.   After work I like to blow off steam and I find the Battlefield Arena games interesting.  However, putting a beginner like me in a game with someone that has 10,000+ kills seems weird.  It's kind of like putting a Pee Wee football team vs the Chicago Bears.

Don't get me wrong.  If this is the business model that works all the more power to Respawn.

One other thing.  This Jack has a large disposable income, but getting my * kicked over and over doesn't make me want to whip out my credit card which I have done for League of Legends quite a bit.  LOL is getting stale though so looking for something else. Guess I'll keep looking.

Message 5 of 14 (919 Views)

★★ Guide

@DropDieRepeat73 

Here was my typical game when I started playing Apex Legends;

On the server I play on everyone hated being jump master for some reason so in most games my team mates would pass and I’d end up being it. It worked in my favour because I’d always stay away from the hot zones and land at the ‘quieter’ outer edges, where my team could loot, get good weapons, heaps of ammo, med kits and hope no other team landed close by.

By the time that’s done there were probably half the teams left as they all got wiped in the hot zones.  We would then move to where the action was happening, looting death boxes on the way.

My team would inevitably run into a pre-made group, better equipped and generally more experienced that would begin to perform what looked like some highly orchestrated tactical operation, using balloon lines to spray bullets on us from the heavens, throwing grenades to coax us out of our hiding positions, flanking us from directions no one saw them coming from and pop pop pop, back to the lobby for me.

All this takes about 10 minutes, and in this time I've basically played Minecraft without the rewards. All those Phoenix kits I farmed and great weapons that I searched for get handed over to the team teabagging my death box and worst of all, I felt like I had no real battling practice. 2 months down the road I feel like all those moments made me get better at the game. So to cut a long story short, stick with it, you will get better, I mean everyone gets better with a little practice!

Message 6 of 14 (897 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

R301, Prowler with Selectfire auto, R99 , Peacekeeper or Longbow Wingman (needs good aim) and you are good to go and get some kills!
Sometimes i like Hemlock too, you can try single fire.

Early game Spitfire, G7 Scout, Energy weapons and RE45 and Hemlock if you don't find anything good.
If you find Mozambique and P2020 you are dead 🤣

Message 7 of 14 (870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

OP It's crap for both people who are good at the game and bad players. If you read these forums and Reddit forums I see a dozen or so complaints daily asking for ranked/Matchmaking or Solos. Why this game has no matchmaking I don't know ranked would be a good thing for the game since they're not going to add solos, make it all about squads and playing as a team.

Message 8 of 14 (840 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SpyrosFPS wrote:

R301, Prowler with Selectfire auto, R99 , Peacekeeper or Longbow Wingman (needs good aim) and you are good to go and get some kills!

Early game Spitfire, G7 Scout, Energy weapons and RE45 and Hemlock if you don't find anything good.

I like your load-out suggestions @SpyrosFPS. I'm using G7 Scout and EVA-8 the last few days and enjoying it immensely!

Message 9 of 14 (791 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@warslag wrote:

@SpyrosFPS wrote:

I like your load-out suggestions @SpyrosFPS. I'm using G7 Scout and EVA-8 the last few days and enjoying it immensely!

Early game the EVA is great, provided your not lagging and it turns into a hit marker machine.

RE45 is a beast as is Prowler w/select fire. I love the Hemlock burst with purple or gold barrel mod to.

The R99 on console, I just struggle to use it. End up looking at they sky a lot lol.

Message 10 of 14 (716 Views)