No wall nut hills offline?

by YeetYeetGw2

Original Post

Re: No wall nut hills offline?

★★★ Guide

I HATE how players without PS Plus  or xbox live may not be able to play Wall-nut Hills. It's bad enough they can't play online with us. Please waive the need for it PopCap. 

Message 11 of 18 (858 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I wish they would add it to the private match portal. I know the general gist of why not is so the new classes don't show up on it but since you can manually select the private portal to only have old classes for both sides already (as well as only new, only chompers, only foot soldiers, etc.) all they would need to do is restrict it so it only was playable with the old classes from the team setup menu.

Message 12 of 18 (814 Views)

★ Guide

@Iron_Guard8 wrote:

I wish they would add it to the private match portal. I know the general gist of why not is so the new classes don't show up on it but since you can manually select the private portal to only have old classes for both sides already (as well as only new, only chompers, only foot soldiers, etc.) all they would need to do is restrict it so it only was playable with the old classes from the team setup menu.

same here. Lol, they just removed wall-nut hills from the mystery portal, so now it is unplayable. EA, "permently adding it to the multiplayer portal"  should be that, not a short weekend of just multiplayer wall-nut hills. Frown

Message 13 of 18 (807 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Iron_Guard8  Yep me too...

I don't get why they dont add it to solo/private play.
Is there a reason for this does anyone know?

I did ask Popcap_Shaun on Twitter but he didn't answer... wish they would just tell us, there is clearly a large demand for private play and solo. from the community.

Not everybody likes multiplayer all the time.
I guess its more wait and see.... but I dunno if its looking too hopeful atm sadly

Message 14 of 18 (795 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

They usually want it to get fully tested by the community before permanently adding to all over the place so they can fix it once for all.

It becomes their standard procedure now. I think it makes sense, we just need to be more patient.

Message 15 of 18 (782 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I hope you are right Large smile

Message 16 of 18 (760 Views)

★ Guide

Me, too! I really thought it would be added for private play as well.

I don't like to have the speed and stress of multiplayer games all the time, and I so love Walnut Hills. Want to explore it for myself. I really don't get why it should be difficult to add it for private plays, even if they are not able to cut out the new characters. Isn't it our own responsibilty which characters we chose in our private/solo games? So if someone likes to stomp the grounds with Z-Mechs, let him try. It's a private game, and if that crashes, so what? People know or should know which characters belong to Walnut Hills.

I really thought that after the Portal Event I could chose that new/old world for my own game. It can't be that difficult to add, and why don't let they decide players if they prefer to play solo or private?

Let's hope that we really get this map for our own way of gaming! I'm fed up with the usual maps after all this time.

Message 17 of 18 (751 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

"I don't like to have the speed and stress of multiplayer games all the time, and I so love Walnut Hills. Want to explore it for myself."

This is exactly how I feel too... speed and stress isn't what I want every time I play... and we have great fun in private games.

The excitement of a new map to explore has been dampened a lot by its absence from solo/private play... in multiplayer there is no time to explore and appreciate it all... I love exploring the maps and looking at stuff... appreciating all the work in the detail the developers have provided. Im still noticing bits of maps and details  I haven't noticed before... its part of the fun for me.

No chance for this exploration in multiplayer Walnut Hills so far sadly Frown

Message 18 of 18 (749 Views)