Re: No talent

by 34975634954957

Original Post

No talent

For everyone that every complained about Chompy (deservedly so in most cases) - Scientist has absolutely ruined any hope of team and objective focused games. Anyone who can say that 3 warps is fine, definitely has a trophy case filled with participation awards. Better yet, let’s give a character the ability to warp instantly across the screen and make him deadly at close range. If that wasn’t enough, we will give him a way to heal himself and warp out of ANY damaging moves that would otherwise vanquish any other character. 

Oh, let’s have a new weekly challenge where plants can play against a team of scientists. Wait, isn’t that every week? First clue is, when every online game all the time has 67 scientists warping around... 

Message 1 of 7 (392 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@GraveledStoopid Always been that way. I spent some time in GW2 at the weekend, in the Town Hall event of Plant New Guard characters (Rose, Corn, Citron) vs Old Guard Zombies. Did I see a single Soldier, All-Star or Engineer?? Nope, an entire team of Computer Scientists every single time . . . . ☹
Message 2 of 7 (375 Views)

★★★★ Guide

That's exactly why I suggested this.. Each player should have their own unique weekly challenges to avoid too many of the same hero.

Message 3 of 7 (369 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ToastedSarnie Yeah I played some GW2 TT recently and it was overrun with scientists.

Once people figure out how to play him, scientist is lethal. I’ve noticed that the vanquish master in BFN is usually a scientist or Deadbeard.

I am reserving judgement for now, but it does seem that despite having his sticky exploding ball removed, people still play scientist as a lone wolf instead of a healer. It is common to be ambushed by a scientist who has advanced well behind enemy lines to pick off plants near their spawn point, instead of sticking close to his team and healing them.
Message 4 of 7 (367 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@jnicol1975 Yes, I have the feeling that the heal abilities (that feel slightly underwhelming to those of us who mainly focus on heals) might've been changed to try & counter the "hunting-in-pairs" but . . . .
I just hope they're analysing these events, rather than using them as a form of torture!!!
Message 5 of 7 (356 Views)

★★ Pro

Scientist is deadly at close range for sure. OP for a healer. However, I generally don't want any characters nerfed due to the already long TTK.

Would be good to make more incentive for healing... Imagine if your gun started weak and then ramped up in damage by healing people. Or if the gun was even more powerful than now but you had to earn bullets from healing? That could balance it out.

Message 6 of 7 (295 Views)

Currently too many 1 hit kill moves in my opinion. Something definitely needs to be done about the 3 and 4 shots it takes to kill an opponent at zero health, it’s aggravating beyond belief. I’m not taking about his damage output necessarily; slow down his movement speed or add a longer delay to use skill after a warp. Most importantly, scientists should not be able to warp out of moves that are meant to slow and or disable an opponent. (Every scientist warps out of Goatify after it hits them; same thing with mushrooms Fung Fu) I have even seen a scientist warp out of Chompy’s vomit field, it renders these moves and others completely worthless. Kinda like Citron using his tuck and roll to get out of an Imps gravity grenade. 

I play all of these characters so I mean no disrespect to anyone. I just add flare to my posts for humor and honestly just want a balanced fun game to play with my kids. 🤙

Message 7 of 7 (253 Views)