No results of Player Reports

by loboramdk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No results of Player Reports

★★★★★ Novice

After having compiled several player reports, it has come to my attention that EA-games and their daughter company Origin, have NO interest in enforcing their very own ToS/ToA rules:

Rules of Conduct

When you sign up for your EA Account, you agree to play by fair rules including:

• Be kind to one another. Don't harass, embarrass, or threaten other players. This includes sending messages to them repeatedly. If they don't respond, they may not want to talk.
  • We love chat rooms because they're a safe place to share your ideas. Using vulgar language, being abusive, hitting return too many times, and posting large images so other players can't read makes it an unpleasant and unsafe place.
  • Think about your screen name or persona. Make sure it doesn't offend or hurt other players.
  • Be aware of what you upload. Uploading files with damaging content like viruses, worms, spyware, time bombs, or corrupted data hurts other players and EA Services.
  • We want to maintain a safe and fair environment for you and other players. Hacking, phishing, cheating, distributing counterfeit software or virtual currency or items amounts to theft and creates an unsafe environment for everyone. Just don't do it.

(https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/play-by-the-ea-rules/)

ALSO it has become clear that their in-game screenshot doesn't work either, so you are simply unable to document what is happening in-game, and attach that to your player reports.

If you have experienced like-wise please add your experiences here to this thread in order to make them understand the implications of such ignorance on the part of EA-games.

Message 1 of 6 (721 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No results of Player Reports

Community Manager

If you are in game @loboramdk  and suspect a user of breaching the rules then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

We take all reports very seriously and will fully investigate.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (712 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

If you are in game @loboramdk  and suspect a user of breaching the rules then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

We take all reports very seriously and will fully investigate.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Funny enough that is the standard answer I keep getting, but it sure seems as if nothing is happening at all, hence this thread.

I have, among many other players, reported a player for violating pretty much all the rules in the Original Post, but it was weeks upon weeks of it ongoing in-game, with NO consequences or changes at all to the player's ability to continue doing so, despite having been reported sometimes several times a day.

So I am not happy with your reply, and I know that you personally are incapable of answering any differently to this post, due to company policy and wanting to keep your job, BUT the problem remains. It is NOT a personal call for the ones sifting through the various player reports, what is offensive and what is not, it is entirely down to the rules stipulated on your Company Site (EA-Games and Origin).

SO basically what I am calling out for here, is a demand to see some action taken on behalf of all the players who have felt abused and harassed in-game, while using the service your company is providing, as it is legally your company's responsibility to make sure that the users of its services aren't being screwed over in general, by other players or by the company itself.

Message 3 of 6 (691 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @loboramdk due to our privacy policies, you won’t receive an update on any action taken from your report.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am sorry that your job entails having to provide such incredibly simplistic answers, since I would have to be an idiot to believe otherwise.

I am an intelligent individual, I know that nowadays they are quite rare, but it is just a fact, and as such I am perfectly aware of what you have just told me.

The problem STILL remains, that after many many many player reports, from multiple players, nothing was done for over a month. Now this is just One insident I am refering to, however it is a common-place happening, unfortunately it just seems as if the very RoC (Rules of Conduct) that your company asks players to agree to, have absolutely no impact at all on the consequences of their behavior. Almost as if EA-Games is protecting their income and player-base over the well being as well as enjoyment of their rendered services, which they by law are responsible for, since they did ask users to sign a ToA/ToS when they made their accounts.

SO basically what we as users are looking at, is a non-compliance with the very Terms of Service/Terms of Agreement, that your company puts forth. How is that possible?

Message 5 of 6 (628 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @loboramdk I am locking this thread.

Once a report has been made our team will investigate but they will not be able to provide any further info to you or any other user. I can assure you that if a user is found to be in breach of the TOS then action will be taken.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (598 Views)