Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: No reason to play Anthem anymore... I'm Dissapointed.

by Ri0tous

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I agree with it becoming tedious as I hit 480 storm playing the 22-25th(ps4).
However, I am keeping myself occupied with the valor grind 100/we 25 sh/25con/ 25 helper.

Bullrushed and paid the price. At least they are trying to do something about this game unlike that game released last year that they allowed to wallow and die. They roadmapped this, no paid dlc, and we don't "have" to pay real money for cosmetics either. Both steps in the right direction.

Message 41 of 73 (157 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Karnage75 wrote:

I agree with it becoming tedious as I hit 480 storm playing the 22-25th(ps4).
However, I am keeping myself occupied with the valor grind 100/we 25 sh/25con/ 25 helper.

Bullrushed and paid the price. At least they are trying to do something about this game unlike that game released last year that they allowed to wallow and die. They roadmapped this, no paid dlc, and we don't "have" to pay real money for cosmetics either. Both steps in the right direction.

Alright i somewhat agree with you but how can a game which is having a super disappointing sales figures, no paid for DLC, and cosmetic you can buy for cash/coins in game keep 100+ people working on it? Is it really a step in the right direction or a sure way to destroy a studio? (And if you compare this to fornite or rocket league when it comes to micros your brain dead). Short answer is it can't and i think it will be like Andromeda were they shift people off the project and it will die, not in the amazingly quick time span that game did but within 1-2 years easily

Message 42 of 73 (155 Views)

★ Guide

you think Valor is a grind? LMAO, wait until you unlock the "MIGHT" portion right after, that's a damned grind xD

Message 43 of 73 (154 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Is the reward worth it? If not i don't think i want to give myself depression to do that...

Message 44 of 73 (145 Views)

★★ Guide

@Gesph wrote:

@Chazzmaniak wrote:

@munkt0r wrote:
Consider maybe you've played too much?

I love a lot of things that i'd bore of if I engaged in them that often in such a short period of time.

So we buy games to play them, but when we are playing them we play them to much? 

My friend its about the lack of content and variety, it has nothing to do if someone is playing 24/7. Look at other games that offer a bit more variety and stuff to do pepole have sunken in 1000s of hours. 

It's about playing a game and having a social life out there. Because if you have a job, friends and everything else, and also dedicate time to play your games, you will never finish Anthem in less than a week with all the endgame content done, including legendary drops for all 4 javelins.

And before you start it, I really dislike edgelords, so don't be one and thell me you finish the endgame of Anthem in 3 days because if you did that then you have a problem

So wrong.... Absolutly wrong..... Sadly.

Story and level 30 is reachen within ~10 hours if you don't skip dialogue and it takes that long because of the slow walking around after each mission at fort tarsis (so basicly 7 hours to reach edncontent without that walking).

It took my additional 4 hours to get all slots filled with MW + 1 legendary by doing 2-3 hard contracts each day in about 30 minutes total on GM1.

I completed the entire game within ~15 hours, didn't rush at all, didn't exploit chestruns and since then i often afk at fort tarsis while on desktop and only do a single contract maximum a day, if i even log in.

Have only a total of 36h playtime and nothing left to do at all.

Payed so much money for this game and it doesn't even deliver a quartet of the content other lootershooter provide for a smaller amount of cash, like bprderlands for example.

Message 45 of 73 (129 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm sorry, but really WTF?

You either started playing this game on the 15th or the 22nd of Feb. So at most about a fortnight. You're complaining that Freeplay is lonely. This game is to play with friends or like minded people. There are a huge amount of advertisements here at Answers HQ advertising groups or Discord channels to meet with people to play with.

You've admitted you don't have all Legendary gear. Well, right there is something to do. Also Freeplay has so many hidden areas to discover, you don't have to fight things all the time. I've personally found underwater ruins, caves and secret doors that may become unlocked with future content. And the scenery is stunning! Take the time to appreciate it.

Oh, have you levelled your other javelins yet?

I bet you're the type of person to who skips dialogue or cut scenes when you can, so you've missed out on a lot of content that enhanced the story. I'm sorry if it comes off as accusatory, but the new part of the game starts in March! That's 2 weeks after the game's been released.

Oh, and before you complain about me having a glorified view... I've put in over 70 hours in this game. Over 120 if you want to include the demos. I've also experienced most of the bugs (including playing without audio for 2 full days).

Guess what, didn't ruin my enjoyment of the game and I'm still finding things to do. You don't always have to rush to the end or be one of the first few to complete something. And if you really don't have anything left to do, take a break for a few days and return in March.

And, if you're still here at the end of this wall of text and are still looking for something to do? Start a new pilot.

Message 46 of 73 (110 Views)

★ Apprentice

To anyone who said they completed everything, great move on the game wasn't meant for you to stay forever.  If you don't like running a stronghold or freeplay or legendary contracts over and over again getting those perfect affixed Legendaries to just totally decimate GM3, then the game wasn't meant for you to stay for a long time.  That's what a looter is about.  Your run something 5-10 times and hope you get 1 single upgrade during those runs.  Maybe you'll get multiple or maybe you'll get some trash.

With that said if all you did was completed the story/side quests and did a few GM1 runs I would say you probably got your money's worth.

Message 47 of 73 (107 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Do you realize this is not a single player but a multi/coop with content to come?
Anthem is not meant to be played *do this 10hrs story and game is over*, the story isn't over, we all hope more content is coming cause honestly ATM is missing, and the next already planned story arc is included in what you already paid.
Message 48 of 73 (90 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Really in MMO grinder your playing too much ? cmon boi go play tetris and when each block falls down turn off and start tomorrow... This is not ME or DA... And i dont want social life i want to work and play games till im done, stop raping people with your ideas for life...
Message 49 of 73 (87 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This game is intended to be played for a huge amount of hours, just like all other games of it's kind. The content sucks, not his fault.

Message 50 of 73 (79 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help