Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: No reason to play Anthem anymore... I'm Dissapointed.

by Ri0tous

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@munkt0r wrote:

Stop being such a shill and you'll realize how all those games just duped you and ripped you off.

(sarcasm obviously)

Well, here is a sarcasm: Warframe is free2play game. Got Division from discount. Doom2016 costed 20 bucks when I bought it. Black Desert online is to one point free to play. Nier Automata, well, it's a quality game and bought it also from discount. Korean mmorpgs are pretty much free to play excluding the cash shop. Resident Evil 2 remake: from discount. Same stuff with Tomb Raiders. And Anthem, I'm on Origin Premium Access - got it on 15th this month.

So if I have fun for over 2400+ hours with those games... well go figure High five

Edit: What I want from Anthem, is more content and stuff to do and bugs fixed.

Message 31 of 73 (212 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@carniska wrote:

@munkt0r wrote:

Stop being such a shill and you'll realize how all those games just duped you and ripped you off.

(sarcasm obviously)

Well, here is a sarcasm: Warframe is free2play game. Got Division from discount. Doom2016 costed 20 bucks. Black Desert online is to one point free to play. Nier Automata, well, it's a quality game and bought it also from discount. Korean mmorpgs are pretty much free to play excluding cash shop. Resident Evil 2 remake: from discount. Same stuff with Tomb Raiders. And Anthem, I'm on Origin Premium Access.

So if I have fun for over 2400+ hours with those games... well go figure High five

More power to you. 

Message 32 of 73 (209 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So munkt0r, Do you think the state Bioware launched Anthem in is OK? I just want to understand why you don't think we have valid points.

Message 33 of 73 (197 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Ayakrovac wrote:

So munkt0r, Do you think the state Bioware launched Anthem in is OK? I just want to understand why you don't think we have valid points.

To answer that directly, I'd need to first see where you found me stating there are not valid points for any criticisms the game has received...

I think the launch is better than I had initially anticipated, but roughly right along the lines of what I expected.

In truth, server stability was better than I had anticipated and in truth I was impressed with the duration and number of story missions and side content when played on hard.  I was honestly expecting it to be shorter like D1 and D2 stories that you breeze through just to get into the "real game".

I agree the inscriptions on loot should be altered to not allow combinations that would be "pointless" such as +acid damage on flamethrower or sniper ammo on machine guns.  I think such was an oversight as they were trying to randomize the loot as much as possible and failed to realize a lot of people will never be able to get benefit from such unless they tried to pidgeon-hole their builds.

The HUB -> EXPEDITION -> HUB -> EXPEDITION loop is a bit frustrating and I think such can be easily solved, as well I think adding the ability for a playlist would be ideal.

I really enjoy how it's pilot specific instead of javelin specific for both leveling and loot storage.

Voice acting and story are not my thing in games.  I read when I want a good story.  Games i'm mostly in it for the gameplay itself, which btw is pretty damned fun in my opinion with Anthem.  

I'll likely hang around for this title until may to check the first Cataclysm before deciding on whether or not this game is a success overall - but from a launch perspective it was mostly in line with my expectations.

I tried my best to answer your question honestly and in genuine fashion since you decided to ask in a mature manner instead of just tossing around words like shill and fanboi =)

Message 34 of 73 (186 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

OK but the amount of content this game launched with is not a problem for you or the fact it has no text chat or way point system? considering It's a live service mmo type game.

Message 35 of 73 (170 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Ayakrovac wrote:

OK but the amount of content this game launched with is not a problem for you or the fact it has no text chat or way point system? considering It's a live service mmo type game.

Text chat no as I only play with friends.

I've yet to have an issue finding anything in the game so I'm not sure what a way point system would do other than me being able to put a little pointer marker on the map I'm very comfortable with using cardinal directions so personally it's not an issue for me but I understand why people want it.

As for content it has roughly the amount of content I expected it to have at launch I'm looking forward to making a final judgment once we actually see how some of the events and the eventual cataclysm goes.  

Message 36 of 73 (163 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@GuruChaz I did not pay for the game to wait for more content to be released. Experiencing all available content in 15 to 20 hours, is not acceptable for a game that expected you to put in 100s of hours.Having enough content at launch is key to retaining your player base.

Message 37 of 73 (137 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Demonseid wrote:

Today was the breaking point for me.

Like what has been said. The same 3 mission.... the same 3 stronghold.. Freeplay is dull af. Why not have shaper storms in right away? Why not have WAY more dynamic world events. RIFT' was more dynamic than Anthem and I think that came out in 2008? The same world events in the same areas. All the mobs look the same. all the titans <iincluding Named ones from the event> all look the same. For the most part, all environments look the same. all the guns look the same.

Nothing works. Rep grinds are stupid insane after t3. The end game challenges are tedious at best. 100 world event...soooo much fun.. do the same strongholds 25 time... super duper...25 quick plays... if you can get it to work.

Dailies.. kille 500 of each enemy...do more world quests. do more stonrghold.... Its a recitative cycle of the same garbage you had to do while leveling. All for gear that you probably wont use because the inscriptions are so damn random.

So unbelievably frustrating,

To top it all of... the bugs.. the lack of polish....how... how does a game from a AAA companies QA make it in the state that it is in. 

Welcome to the disappointed club. :\

I reached this point last week. Sadly, I think that's all there is with this game. A few tens of hours, a lot of boredom...and... Even if they add some more missions, their formula is all wrong. So it isn't just about content... 

I came back to see if things had improved, but...well, it's all pretty much what I expected. People are starting to realize there isn't really anything here...

I'd say, give it a year. I've already moved on to other games (or old games), and am looking forward to The Division 2 open beta this weekend (that game had some problems, but they sound like they really listened to the feedback from the private beta and have done a ton of work to add the critical missing elements and fix the broken elements of the game). Let Anthem rest...maybe in peace forever, maybe just for a few months or so. They may get it, and really fix the game... I still kind of want to like it, but I decided if I kept fighting with it early on here with it being as...pitiful....as it is, I would never really be able to enjoy it in the future if they ever do manage to fix it properly, as my opinion would be permanently tainted. I did the same thing with No Mans Sky...and when I got into it around patch 1.2/1.3 timeframe, it had improved quite a bit, and today it is a significantly better game than it was at launch.  

Message 38 of 73 (136 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This game doesn't have a year... If there isn't a large amount of content within the next month that is interesting and makes you want to play for the fun of grinding awesome loot you are going to see the player base drop off like lemmings walking off a cliff...

Message 39 of 73 (128 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Am going to agree with the post, ive played 65hrs since early launch on the 15th and i have really no reason to play the game anymore, theres so many things broken and 99% of people i ran into wont do anything but GM1 due to the Loot table fiasco that the game has lost all enjoyment even GM2 with a good group is rather easy and GM3 is just impossible when it comes to final boss. Also people say get a life etc. to people like me and him i work 6-7days a week and like playing games when am off sue me, but theres NO reason a game should be basically finished within 60-70hrs of gameplay enough said.  

Message 40 of 73 (124 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help