Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: No reason to play Anthem anymore... I'm Dissapointed.

by Demonseid

Original Post

No reason to play Anthem anymore... I'm Dissapointed.

★★★ Apprentice

So i have master work or legendary in every slot bar support not the perfect rolls but pretty good, I can't do free play anymore because its such a lonely and quite frankly boring experience and i am so burnt out on the strongholds can't do them either, as much as i like the core of Anthem the javelins, flying and the abilities/combos the game is like an empty shell looks great on the outside but when you crack it open there's nothing inside...

I have probably played about 60+ hours since the 15th... There is no way this is going to last 10 years let alone 10 months if they don't add a lot more content, text chat, a way point system, fix the major issues that are still happening disappearing mobs, sound cutting out completely, long loading times and the obnoxious nay insulting tether system...

Message 1 of 73 (2,106 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Consider maybe you've played too much?

I love a lot of things that i'd bore of if I engaged in them that often in such a short period of time.
Message 2 of 73 (2,095 Views)

★ Apprentice
Honestly i was thinking about the longevity of this game as well.
Especially after the launch and 50 hours in.

I think games as a service is just a horrible decision to make in gaming.
Because based on the roadmap and the act 1 that will conclude within the next 3 months means that they pretty much have that content ready and available but not giving it to us... and that means that games as a service is just slicing content out of the main game to sell it as >Free DLC< and people eating it right up...

I wish they would have given us all the content available NOW
and give us players the option later to buy a very good dlc with content... alot of it.
Like the Witcher 3 blood and wine, awesome dlc.
Well thats just me tho. Idk what else to do in Anthem atm...just farming the same 3 missions for rep. and some strongholds for mats...
sometimes free playing but eh our options are limited.

Anyway i hope the next content updates will bring alot more substance to the game because the concept of Anthem and the gameplay is just awesome.
Message 3 of 73 (2,075 Views)

★★ Guide

You really pumped into it.

Ive played a bit, but i take it slow and just enjoy the atmosphere and such of the game.

I sugest taking a break, do something else for a bit, then come back and take it slower... smell those roses.. 

Message 4 of 73 (2,071 Views)

★ Apprentice

@munkt0r wrote:

I love a lot of things that i'd bore of if I engaged in them that often in such a short period of time.

So we buy games to play them, but when we are playing them we play them to much? 

My friend its about the lack of content and variety, it has nothing to do if someone is playing 24/7. Look at other games that offer a bit more variety and stuff to do pepole have sunken in 1000s of hours. 

Message 5 of 73 (2,063 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Today was the breaking point for me.

Like what has been said. The same 3 mission.... the same 3 stronghold.. Freeplay is dull af. Why not have shaper storms in right away? Why not have WAY more dynamic world events. RIFT' was more dynamic than Anthem and I think that came out in 2008? The same world events in the same areas. All the mobs look the same. all the titans <iincluding Named ones from the event> all look the same. For the most part, all environments look the same. all the guns look the same.

Nothing works. Rep grinds are stupid insane after t3. The end game challenges are tedious at best. 100 world event...soooo much fun.. do the same strongholds 25 time... super duper...25 quick plays... if you can get it to work.

Dailies.. kille 500 of each enemy...do more world quests. do more stonrghold.... Its a recitative cycle of the same garbage you had to do while leveling. All for gear that you probably wont use because the inscriptions are so damn random.

So unbelievably frustrating,

To top it all of... the bugs.. the lack of polish....how... how does a game from a AAA companies QA make it in the state that it is in. 

Message 6 of 73 (2,041 Views)

★★★★ Novice
You have clearly played like there's no tomorrow. There is a middle term between playing and playing too much. Next time don't burn a game this fast if you really like it. Play 2-3 hours a day, instead of 23 hours a day. People who play normally still have lots of things to do. You have no other choice but to wait for the updates. It's all on you, nobody forced you to play like crazy and finish everything in less than a week.
Message 7 of 73 (2,031 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Chazzmaniak wrote:

@munkt0r wrote:

So we buy games to play them, but when we are playing them we play them to much? 

My friend its about the lack of content and variety, it has nothing to do if someone is playing 24/7. Look at other games that offer a bit more variety and stuff to do pepole have sunken in 1000s of hours. 

Not telling you what to do, i'm just curious if you think any 1 game should be able to hold your attention that strongly...

You'd have to give me an example of a game that's within 4 days of launch that someone has sunken 1000's of hours into =)

Also, not your friend.

Message 8 of 73 (2,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Chazzmaniak wrote:

@munkt0r wrote:

It's about playing a game and having a social life out there. Because if you have a job, friends and everything else, and also dedicate time to play your games, you will never finish Anthem in less than a week with all the endgame content done, including legendary drops for all 4 javelins.

And before you start it, I really dislike edgelords, so don't be one and thell me you finish the endgame of Anthem in 3 days because if you did that then you have a problem

Message 9 of 73 (2,015 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

You managed to play more than I can, I can only play like 1 or 2 missions each session (because let's be honest every single mission is the same damn thing) and then i just get plain bored and switch it off and play some metro exodus.  

I only have 29 hrs and I am already soooo bored.  Freeplay is so damn empty, the hub itself only has like 2 or 3 players in it, all the weapons look exactly the same, the javelins customization is so damn limiting, walking around the lifeless and emotionless fort is such a damn chore just to listen to boring and pointless dialog,

To me and a lot of others, the game is just so boring.  There's so many features that need to be in this game that SHOULD HAVE been in the game in the first place.  

For example, how TF does Battlefield have a chat box and a game that actually needs it, doesn't?? I mean this is just so basic, how tf do you mess that up?

This game needs a massive overhaul, if that doesn't happen then this game will be completely dead in a couple of months if not sooner. 

Message 10 of 73 (1,796 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help