No punishment for early leaving = leavers everywhere

by Anonymous

Original Post

No punishment for early leaving = leavers everywhere

Anonymous

It's getting more and more rampant. Can't believe Respawn didn't implement a punishment system for it in the first place.

Message 1 of 22 (980 Views)

Re: No punishment for early leaving = leavers everywhere

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

When a character is booted from a game due to errors, graphics card glitches, unintentional disconnects, etc., I know for a fact that an error messages is sent out to EA.  EA wants to keep track of these things because they want to fix them.

If a character leaves on their own accord, I know for a fact that system can tell if they've done it.  Why?  There is no error message sent out.  When this happens, the player SHOULD be held responsible for their actions!

Message 2 of 22 (965 Views)

★★ Guide

@Anonymous wrote:

It's getting more and more rampant. Can't believe Respawn didn't implement a punishment system for it in the first place.

It would have been awful if they did considering 80% of players are having completely random crashes with no errors/dialogues provided. Most of those early leavers are due to game issues not just quitting.Once the game gets polished and literally EVERYONE stops having random crashes/disconnects then MAYBE they can include a system like that. Plus this is the price of not having a rank system setup, no one wants to join a game and have a level 1-9 meanwhile their sitting at 30-50+. Knowing their team is going to be god awful and will lose the match anyway 9 times out of 10. They just que up whoever with whoever and that forces people to just quit out when they see the squad. Especially since the game takes like 30 seconds to boot back up and get into a match from desktop lol.

Message 3 of 22 (953 Views)

★★ Guide

@EvoCyberNation wrote:

When a character is booted from a game due to errors, graphics card glitches, unintentional disconnects, etc., I know for a fact that an error messages is sent out to EA.  EA wants to keep track of these things because they want to fix them.

If a character leaves on their own accord, I know for a fact that system can tell if they've done it.  Why?  There is no error message sent out.  When this happens, the player SHOULD be held responsible for their actions!

Also NO nothing is sent out to EA because in another post in this exact forum they talk about that we should submit any errors we have with crashes to help them fix/update the issues. So your statement is false, that's how it SHOULD work because most games operate that way but they've been having a lot of issues they weren't expecting. It's a completely random launch of a f2p game and will take a month or so to actually patch up and have it running smoothly at which point THEN they can implement that system as long as they make sure their getting all the error messages and don't wrongfully punish people for something that they had 0 control over.

Message 4 of 22 (952 Views)

★ Guide

VisualfEX

I feel that you're agitated at this game and you're pushing your frustrations out on others.  I might be wrong, that's why I stated, "I feel that."  I did not just come out and say, "you are."  I did the same thing about a week and a half ago because this game does have major issues/flaws.  I regret getting mad and partially releasing my frustrations out on others.  So if you're mad, I understand that you need to release your frustrations.  May I recommend something?  I recommend getting with a controlled session group where you can talk about these issues.

As for the reporting system, almost every other company, even Steam, sends out auto error report to their servers.  If this game, or EA, doesn't do that, then they need to catch up.  I hope that EA is monitoring all the activity and that all the bug reports are being sent in.  That they've also created a bug forum to obtain more evidence on the bugs that aren't caught.  Hoping never hurt anyone.

Message 5 of 22 (940 Views)

Anonymous
I'm not talking about people crashing but about those who leave as soon as they die even if the rest of the team is still alive.
Message 6 of 22 (927 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Get premades

Or be friendly ingame

Message 7 of 22 (887 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Every time I leave a game early it's because a crash w/o error.  I see my teammates leaving the game a lot at strange times, for example we're in the middle of a firefight.  I assume they are getting DC as well.  If I got penalized for getting DC by this technical mess of a game that would really be something.

Message 8 of 22 (864 Views)

★★ Guide

They already get punished,they just don't realise it lol.if you leave before the whole squad wipes you get ZERO XP,zero XP,means no progression or loot boxes.

Message 9 of 22 (843 Views)

★ Guide

Getting no xp is really not punishment

Message 10 of 22 (838 Views)