Re: No one plays objective

by FirstOrderSnoke

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

This happened to me just today. Everyone on my team was sitting at the back of the map while the enemy team was winning. Then we lost.

Message 11 of 60 (915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@HCarbonic  Nope Xbox today I got stuck sitting in a turbo tank with a Luke, Han, and half of the enemy team up my a**. I can hold my own sure but when the lag kicks in and attack don't register I might as well cannonball into lava on Mustafar.

Message 12 of 60 (888 Views)

★★★ Novice

The only objective I don't find myself playing a lot is the few that requires you to sit there and hold the interact button, the epitome of quality gameplay /s

The interact should happen automatically when you approach and you should be able to shoot while its going too.

Message 13 of 60 (830 Views)

★★★★ Pro

You are talking mostly about GA, right?

Go ahead and play CS then. As this mode isn't a rush type mode like GA, there'll be less campers and no advantage for either side because on CS maps you can't be sorted into a designated attacker/defender side. It's a more even conquest mode with more possibilities to maneuver and... well, eventually play the objective.

Especially early on in the game, you can make plenty of BP just for going after the objectives. As there are five of them, you have more possibilities and a higher rate of BP gain for capturing an objective.

Campers bother far less because your team can be just at any objective point at the ground map; there aren't choke points where everyone has to walk through and get farmed in order to get any closer to the next objective.

Also there is mostly no attacker/defender zone where campers are essentially always protected against being attacked from behind.

Yeah, I have always been disliking rush modes very much in any fps game, as these just encourage easy camping, grenade spam...

Message 14 of 60 (821 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Dexyns wrote:

The only objective I don't find myself playing a lot is the few that requires you to sit there and hold the interact button, the epitome of quality gameplay /s

The interact should happen automatically when you approach and you should be able to shoot while its going too.

Whatever about having to hold the button, it wouldn't make sense to be able to shoot while you're setting or disarming a bomb.

Message 15 of 60 (818 Views)

★★ Pro
@MiniPlate990253 That phase is a poor excuse for any non objective player. There are 2 obvious objectives, and sniping won’t get you anywhere. There’s literally nowhere to go. Maybe they were in the other tank...? Either way, it’s shameful on your teams part
Message 16 of 60 (765 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I've been getting a lot of players that don't play the objective, or play it extremely bad.  How hard is it to actually listen to the voiceover literally tell you what you have to do.  Three objectives, watches his three teammates all run to one.  Or worse, they just run all over the board because 'raar my kills'.  

I thought it would be nice to reward the players that actually held a position with a bonus, even if the team is forced to have to retreat because another position fell, and to actually penalize those that lost the position they were trying to hold.  Like they lose the same number of points you gain for a successful defense.  But that's just heretical talk. 😄😑

Message 17 of 60 (742 Views)

★ Apprentice

Galactic Assault has always been like that because most players are ignorant, narrow minded fools. I can understand new players requiring time for learning how to play the objective on say the final phase of Takodana (as it is not made abundantly clear that you need to be on the ground level of the castle). However, that is the only map which does not require trial & error. Ion Disruptor defender boards can discourage players from wanting to play the objective as they are constantly killed from air/land. As others have previously pointed out there are far too many players, "trying to be snipers." The influx of new players not playing the objective, coupled with preexisting parties can make this game borderline unplayable. Zero team balancing and horrendous matchmaking. Over 3 years of playing this game (solely because it is Star Wars) I have been in so many lobbies where it's 20 vs. 13 and can you guess what team I end up being placed on?

Message 18 of 60 (726 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@MiniPlate990253 Are you not surprised that people seem to think that every game mode is just blast? This has been a noticeable issue since Battlefront 2015.
Message 19 of 60 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@HCarbonic Nope I took care of the other tank.

Message 20 of 60 (663 Views)