Re: No mouse on console is unfair

by full951

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No mouse on console is unfair

★★★ Expert

No mouse support on console makes apex unfair.

I don't know how things are for Xbox players, but PS4 is completely overrun with mouse players using Xim's etc.

This is essentially cheating, and worse than any aimbot hacks on PC.

As it stands now, not being able to play with mouse foists an enormous handicap on a lot of players. There's no competing with mouse when you're on controller bar from a select few pro console players.

Enabling mouse and keyboard on console would eliminate the advantage these cheaters have and make apex a fair game for all.

Message 1 of 17 (1,463 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

Say yes to universal perifial support. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (1,453 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Say yes to universal perifial support. 

Message 2 of 17 (1,454 Views)

★ Apprentice

Honeslty Im 100% for having mouse and keyboard on ps4 as a playable option that everyone can use, but also you claiming that people are using XIM is only a small handfull tbh. There are some people out there that are just really good with controller. I use controller and I always get spectators after I kill them. So try not to think that melting people with controller is impossible, because that's probably what XIM users believed before they spent 100$ in that garbage lol.

Message 3 of 17 (1,394 Views)

★★ Guide
1 Xim user for every 1000 controllers users at best
Message 4 of 17 (1,367 Views)

★★★ Expert

It's very very very obvious when people are using mouse when you spectate them.

For your information, im 27 years old so don't accuse me of thinking people use mouse, just because I got downed.

I don't know where you guys live and what servers you play, but I live in north west europe and play on the Amsterdam server, and past 10 PM half of all players or more, are mouse users.  

I'm playing with and against them, and it's unmistakable when you spectate.

Message 5 of 17 (1,320 Views)

★★★ Expert

1 per 1000 is a number you literally based on nothing at all.

Next to Xim, there are a ton of other options to play mouse on console, particularly on ps4.

No actualy figures exist as to how many mouse cheaters there are, but my observation is that it's 50% on my server past 10 PM (Amsterdam Server on EU)

Message 6 of 17 (1,314 Views)

★★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

Next to Xim, there are a ton of other options to play mouse on console, particularly on ps4.

No actualy figures exist as to how many mouse cheaters there are, but my observation is that it's 50% on my server past 10 PM (Amsterdam Server on EU)

Actual figures do exist, please check out the Xim forums. I'd post a direct link but it's against forums rules. Head there and search Apex Legends under General Discussions, OBiV (owner and developer) states the numbers in a couple different threads.

You're assuming every Xim owner in the world is ONLY playing Apex, which is incorrect.

Regardless of numbers, the Xim doesn't violate Sony and Xbox's ToS because it simply emulates and does not any additional control/recoil/sensitivity/stats. Xim, Xim4, Apex has been around for years and years and is not going anywhere. 

Message 7 of 17 (1,309 Views)

★★ Guide

@Paneross wrote:

You're assuming every Xim owner in the world is ONLY playing Apex, which is incorrect.

I have yet to see any number on how the population is split between the consoles and PC, so one could argue that you are assuming every player plays on PS 4.

I find it strange that this is even a thing. Theres no way you don't get input lag and wonky * happening with this. Why not just get a pc at that point or are people that desperate to be a big fish in a small pond?

Message 8 of 17 (1,282 Views)

★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

You are completely delusional if you really believe it's anywhere near 50 percent.  Do you realise what the value of a company like XIM would be if they had sold 50 percent as many 150-200 dollar adapters as Sony sold consoles? The owners would have sold by now, it would be a public company on the stock market, and it would be worth tens of millions of dollars.  Do you really think Sony and Microsoft are just ignoring a hugely booming peripherial market like that? Hell, Sony/Microsoft  dumped millions into that useless camera crap nobody ever bought. 

If it's 1000:1 they would be lucky.  The simple fact is the majority of console owners are A. Not people coming from PC (usually goes other way) B. Not people that want to play at a desk in a PC chair. 

Simply put, the majority of console players have started off with and learned controller play for better or worse.  There simply is not a huge calling for M&K. 

Taking a wild stab here, you were  coming from  Battlefield or COD when you started playing Apex?  And now you can't figure out why you went from winning 70+ percent of the time and being at the top of the board to getting whipped?

I had the same experience, and was honestly wondering for awhile about xim users myself.  But in short order I realised it was me, I needed to change my play style completely vs all the other FPS I have played. 

It's not them, it's you. 

Message 9 of 17 (1,264 Views)

★ Guide
Let me put it another way. Sony has reported 90+ million in console sales. Let's say even 33 percent of owners bought a XIM. That's 29,700,000 sales. At 150 a pop that would be 4.445 BILLION in sales. No freaking way dude.

You say you can tell by watching...but it's usually choppy when observing on Apex. And look at people like ITemplays on YouTube...he and other streamer/YouTubers are crazy good, snapping on targets etc. And he has a game play/controller video out there as proof. Plenty of people were accusing him of XIM footage.

You're just going up against a bunch of 13-18 year olds that play 12 hours a day, are younger and faster, and grew up playing battle Royale.
Message 10 of 17 (1,256 Views)