No mortars in 2042 please.

by Man_iLoveFishing

Original Post

Re: No mortars in 2042 please.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Bro , what's the point be one of this servers full of snowflakes we start with no mortarts no shotgun no helicopter no planes and just torches and defib , come on if you hate mortars learn and punch back.

Message 21 of 46 (333 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Man_iLoveFishing Personally, I don't think the MORTAR should be in the game unless they can find a very good balance for it. - In every BF game I've played they have been constantly abused. Especially in the Rush game mode. They are pretty un-balanced. So I hope they do not put it into 2042. Unless they know how to make a counter for it.
Message 22 of 46 (326 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I remember BF4 when the mortar was quite OP and got nerfed. It was fine after that. Honestly, the game has been out for years and maybe a while ago someone found a new way to exploit them again. That sucks, but at some point you got to move on.

Even though I'm very skeptical about the BF2042 release, I do believe a thing like this could and would be addressed quite quickly.

Message 23 of 46 (1,652 Views)

★★★ Pro

I understood you wrong i guess, i am on foot running around. I use suppressor so when i shoot, i will be unspotted.

Message 24 of 46 (302 Views)

★★★ Pro

It's not about learning, there's nothing much to learn about it. I find it very "non-competitive". So i would get bored really quickly. Not much of a gameplay you know. :D

Message 25 of 46 (300 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Trokey66 yeah that would also work
Message 26 of 46 (286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

I have nothing against motar or other indirect weapons, as long as it does not work with a satellite minimap, where you just mark a point. 

There could be a map showing where the grenade exploded. Then you could adjust the sight and see where the next grenade hit and in that way get closer to the target.

Message 27 of 46 (273 Views)

★ Expert

I personally don't like mortars, at least not like they were implemented in BF4 and BF1.

On most maps they are not a problem at all, but some maps (like Propaganda in BF4, Argonne in BF1 etc) can become really awful, because of mortars being "abusable" on some CQC maps.

Dice needs to make sure all weapons/gadgets are balanced on ALL the maps in the game.

"Explosives" (vehicles, grenades, bombs etc) have always been a hard one for Dice to get right. Either they get too spammable (grenades in BF1), feel useless or become overpowered (bombers in BF1/BFV). BFV was probably the most balanced BF-game in that regard (except for rockets/arty which just became annoying pretty fast)...

Message 28 of 46 (254 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@cso7777 So it is mainly a map problem and not a mortar problem
Message 29 of 46 (219 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

getting sniped by a fighter jet as infantry is more of a problem in bf4 than mortars.

Message 30 of 46 (201 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help