Re: No more money from me..... EA revert to type and I feel stupid.

by Silz616

Original Post

No more money from me..... EA revert to type and I feel stupid.

★★★★ Pro

I've been a big supporter of Apex and Respawn since launch.

After seeing the structure (and restructure) of the Iron Crown event, I will not be putting more money into this title. The "fix" for the IC store, is not really a fix at all.

This, in conjunction with some awfully inconsistent servers/lag/sync/hit reg (I had a terrible experience yesterday with lag), then why would I spend money? We need the game to work as it did at launch. Although the "death summary" is a good addition, I believe it is now highlighting the issues with netcode. The numbers don't seem to add up. I had started to experience being shot around corners and being killed in the blink of an eye, but the damage summary had me believe I've been shot for a longer time than I experienced (damage in summary showing 3 or 4 blocks of damage received, and telling me "9 hits" on the final damage in the list, when I felt like I died in 2 - 3 bullets, under 1 second). Solos has also helped high light this as a lot of battles are 1v1 with no other interference from other players.

I had faith in Respawn. I had faith in this title, but it's diminishing at an alarming rate and feel my faith has been misplaced.

I don't know what to suggest other than get a handle on it Respawn and fix these issues, and keep EAs nose out of your title.

There has also been a rise in disconnects again for me.

Message 1 of 5 (297 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I agree with you: yesterday evening i had a few games where it was impossible for me to play due to lag; i have to point out, by the way, that i experienced lag issues only while playing solo games.

In addition i have seen an increment of the leaf and net codes errors again which seemed to be solved at this point!

Negative feedback from my side when we talk about yesterday gaming experience. 

About the Iron Crown event, for what i may concern i can understand their move about the pricing but what about the people who already spent the full amount on the new cosmetics?

I don't really like the politics that are involved in the new event and the S2 (and i already expressed my doubts few times since the season launched!) 

Message 2 of 5 (284 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I've been quick to defend this games issues, and had put my faith in Respawn getting it right in the end, but I cannot defend it any longer. How much of it is down to EA having a to bigger hand in it I don't know, but something kinda stinks about it now.

Gutted because this game had tons going for it. This latest event and monetisation has left a bitter taste in my mouth and I feel my support of this title has been misplaced.

We shall see what the future holds, but my optimism has turned into pessimism unfortunately.

Message 3 of 5 (264 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

When company-A aquire another new Studio-B, A mostly keep B engineers and designer (workhouse), and replace B management (executive, management, sales, marketing, etc.)

So for EA, they keep Respawn engineers & designers who produce great games, but they clean up Respawn management and replace it with EA management.

That's why you feel you have great game from Respawn but still being rip off by EA.

They keep doing this until they get more money and acquire another studio and repeat the cycle and getting bigger and bigger.

Customer frustation is getting bigger and bigger as well.

Message 4 of 5 (235 Views)

★★★★ Pro

It's like buying new spanky alloys for a car that runs like crap.

The damage summary is doing my head in. Over the last few days I am being boxed so so fast with blue or purple armour, while strafing. There has always been a bit of "luck" in terms of connections of late, but recently it's just terrible. Hardwired or port forwarded doesn't make a difference. Damage looks like it should, but the time span to do that damage is incorrect.

On top of that we get the kick in the nuts with the new event and the crazy pricing and it's kinda tipped me over the edge.

Still getting disconnects and poor server performance but they have time to launch the money maker event.

Message 5 of 5 (194 Views)