Re: No matchmaking? Really?

by Maangaazz

Original Post

No matchmaking? Really?

★★★ Apprentice

Okay Respawn, you need matchmaking as fast as possible. 
Trust me, a level 8, 23 and 54 squad is a disaster. The level 8 will probably go around and still try to learn the game, while 23 will try to keep up with the level 53, while 53 can hardly survive with the scuffed attempt of a squad he sadly landed in.
No matchmaking is unfair for ALL, enemies, friendlies and yourself.

Matchmaking is one of those things in games that you kind of forget about, but also forget how important it is.

Message 1 of 8 (584 Views)

★★ Novice

Matchmaking is not needed as such. To some players it can be useful but that's mainly for players (like me) who come from different types of games and dip into FPS. But I'd never want matchmaking - I'd rather hit the wall and face the best in order to improve.

However what could be done is make a "New Player" mode, where you'll only get matched with players up to some level or what ever. But that should be a different mode you can pick if you want - not a forced thing. And keep in mind that level says nothing at all about the players skill. There's no skill needed to be max level - time is needed, not skill. you'll get there faster if you're skilled, but if you've been playing a ton of matches since launch you'd be at max level just about now I'd think.

Long story short; I'm a new player - don't trap me in some hand-holding matchmaker society. Let me get the chance to face the insanely skilled players so that I can improve and maybe feel the joy of taking on of them down.

Message 2 of 8 (568 Views)

★ Guide

But as soon as you played you would be moved up...you beat the ones at you current skill and go up...then beat the ones at your new skill and go up...why is that bad?

Message 3 of 8 (550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Well, the game is 3 weeks old. There are no "veterans". It's basically all a "new player mode". Wink

After a year or two, maybe. Now, it's really not something we need.

What we do need is a ranked mode. But ranked mode with skill-based matchmaking seems to be an uneasy task to figure out for BR, at least considering Pubg still hasn't got one, even though they're "working on it" for quite a while now XD. Well when one of the BR's will do a good one, I'm sure others will quickly copy it. Maybe Respawn can be the frontrunners here, maybe not.

P.S. Matching by level is really pointless and lead to more problems than good. I know plenty of people in other games (especially moba's) who have over 10k hours and are still worse than I was on my 2nd game (and they can't even climb out of bronze ranks). They play for fun, they don't even try to improve hence they don't. There's nothing wrong with that and they play with similar players based on skill, but if they were matched by their level they would be completely destroyed every game and would just leave since that would be completely unfun.

Message 4 of 8 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@HamoHitman 

Why the holding hands and putting players into groups?
It's a game about surviving, so why not let it be survival of the fittest 100%?

I want to be completely and utterly destroyed at times. Having some mind blowing player just take me to school. This is what motivates me. Playing with people of equal skill (or lack of same) does nothing for me and will never push me to improve.

Matchmaking (to me) is the worst thing ever in video games and only seem to serve a purpose for those not interested in putting in the time to get better - but still want/need the feeling of winning.

Sorry if it comes off as a rant, but matchmaking does this to me. Standard smile

Message 5 of 8 (522 Views)

Community Manager

Honestly, I think that game is well very well in regards squads. After all, just because you are level 53 does not mean that you are a great player. A friend of mine is level 44 with 6 kills and the squad he plays with have carried him every game. If you look at his level you would assume that he is a highly skilled player but in reality, he is about as bad as you can get.

I'm only level 27 on PC but have over 200 kills and yet am not close to the level of skill that some lower level players have.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (510 Views)

★★★ Novice

What it needs is like OVerwatch.. lower players play unranked, then when youre over a certain level start playing ranked matches with experienced people, so we have a choice to play better people once weve learnt the game if we wish.

Message 7 of 8 (503 Views)

★★ Apprentice

A elo system is 100% needed or atleast I will be bored really fast and go play something else! 

Message 8 of 8 (497 Views)