No longer a place for regular players

by IdleHandsNo1

Original Post

Re: No longer a place for regular players

★ Pro
@Axs5626Sxa5001 yes, it's ultimately about retaining players and within their MM system, it is based on the individual's performance in a short period of time (maybe last 10 matches).
Message 31 of 36 (218 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Axs5626Sxa5001 To make it simple, people will play a game if it is fun, even if they lose a lot.

Nobody wants to lose every time, but there are plenty of games in game history where people lose a whole ton, but keep on playing because they had a good time.  Apex Legends is for sure not one of those games to have such a retention, not in BR anyway.

The illusion of BR, though, is that you did something even if you didn't win.  Which is okay if you like place 10th or better every now and then.  It's the ranked system which shows just how flawed that can be, though, where if you don't place top 5 every game, you aren't going far. 

So, I can point that obvious point about a game being fun to every dev in existence.  But in the end, if it's a Respawn dev, they don't know where their money is coming from, ignore me or anyone who is not a pro, and listen to the pro players...which is about as knuckleheaded a thing you can do since all those people are the super low minority who win a lot, and would have fun with this game no matter how bad it got, as long as they could have a day job doing it.  Hit that viewership in the junk and you'll find out how fast your pros leave. Hint: Overwatch.

Message 32 of 36 (212 Views)

★ Pro
@r1ggedgame yeah, I'm totally with you on your points and share the same sentiment. I really love the game and would like to see them address these issues by making changes, but I really don't have much faith because these issues, like MM, have been issues for a long time...and it hasn't changed. I'm at a point where, if another game similar to Apex and Warzone come out that doesn't have MM, cheating or audio issues, I would switch over. If Warzone 2 improved the situation with cheaters, I might switch back. I really had no issues with their MM. Although, I've really grown to like Apex, because of MM, audio and smurfing, I've been losing interest.
Message 33 of 36 (211 Views)

★ Pro
@Axs5626Sxa5001 If people were so good at the game and they were dominating, why wouldn't they just keep playing and start streaming? This day and age, people make money being good at games lol. Now...if people were losing and they were losing because the system grouped them up with drastically lower skilled teammates over and over and they kept dying early in the game, that can be real frustrating. They really need to do something about their MM system. Otherwise, they are going to lose a lot of players.
I've played Fornite for over 3 years consistently and then Warzone for 2 years, they were both SBMM and I have a pretty good amount of wins on both. That didn't make me less interested in playing either. I've been playing Apex for 5 months (besides playing the first few seasons), and I'm genuinely seeing their MM system as being an issue.
Message 34 of 36 (198 Views)

★★★ Expert
@KelRiever

Hands down, one of the most perfect descriptions I've ever read explaining the fatal flaw with team-based games (ranked or otherwise, but yes, especially ranked).
Message 35 of 36 (178 Views)

★★ Expert

@Axs5626Sxa5001 wrote:
The devs themselves said they don’t want players winning too much or losing too much.

So, winning all of 3 matches, total, this season, is somehow not "winning too much or losing too much?"

Message 36 of 36 (136 Views)