Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

No legendary drops GM2 or 3

by HolidayIF2

Original Post

No legendary drops GM2 or 3

★★★★ Novice

I’m a 704 and I have been playing in GM2 and 3 all activities for 4 days without a single legendary drop. That’s not just bad RNG that’s broken. What is the point of playing if I can’t progress? I love this game but the lack of worthwhile loot is terrible. 40+ hours of nothing is wrong and it’s a waste of time. I’m also getting negative feedback from chat with my viewers seeing this game failing to reward players.

Message 1 of 6 (364 Views)

Re: No legendary drops GM2 or 3

★★★★ Novice

It is broken. I would recommend sticking with Grandmaster 1. I found all but one of my Legendary items while playing GM1. I also typically get more Masterworks from GM1 than 2 or 3. They claim that GM 2-3 have better chances of dropping higher level loot but that has not been my experience and I’m at 730 something with like 150 hours of play. 

Personally I’ve stopped playing the two highest tiers. The increased difficulty basically just makes the enemies able to take more damage. There aren’t more enemies and they aren’t significantly more deadly... they’re just time consuming to deal with. My advice is to stop wasting hours on those difficulties and run through GM 1 missions. You can probably do 2-4 in the time it takes to do one GM 2 anyway, also substantially increasing the odds in your favor for good loot. Don’t be afraid to try different mission types either. I have the best luck on legendary contracts and strongholds.

Message 2 of 6 (328 Views)

★★ Guide

I agree, there is no value in playing GM2 or GM3, I actually get mostly blues when I play them. I get better results from GM1.

Message 3 of 6 (320 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@HolidayIF2 wrote:

I’m a 704 and I have been playing in GM2 and 3 all activities for 4 days without a single legendary drop. That’s not just bad RNG that’s broken. What is the point of playing if I can’t progress? I love this game but the lack of worthwhile loot is terrible. 40+ hours of nothing is wrong and it’s a waste of time. I’m also getting negative feedback from chat with my viewers seeing this game failing to reward players.

Just curious. Are you finishing your games? Or are you one of the loot grabbers, quitting after both chests in strongholds? I've noticed a trend of people that are not completing missions that are not getting a normal drop rates. If you're not getting the drops and completeing you may have a sort of plateau effect atm...same thing happened to me...I didn't get anything for a solid 12 hour game time...then got 12 legends in a matter of 4 hours the following day. Skyrocketing my power to 760...currently 774...if ya need a lucky charm, my friends claim they get better drops when playing with me...private message your tag and we can try that out...it may not be me, it could be the sequence of activities...do a legend contract, a strong hold, then Freeplay for an hour...it seems to work for myself and my friends...good luck

Message 4 of 6 (306 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Funny, now that I read it, everything makes sense...all wknd I played GM3/2...no good drops...all my good drops on my Storm? GM1.

Blargh.

Message 5 of 6 (295 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm sorry but i disagree with this post. I played one Soccer ball tyrant stronghold on GM2 and received Basketball three legendaries. one was off a kill, the other was out the loot chest and the other off of the boss. I run about 90 or more luck, so your just getting bad luck rolls or not finishing the whole run. also are you speeding through or are you killing everything in the stronghold? if you kill everything you can you receive better loot roles.

Message 6 of 6 (281 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help