Re: No games will launch

by EldaW0lf

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey @EldaW0lf as it found issues can you grab me a new DxDiag to take a look, I would also recommend creating a new Windows admin account and testing there to see if you have the same issue.

Issues such as this are system-related and it is a case of needing to troubleshoot till we find the issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 11 of 19 (617 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko here you go! 

I totally understand, I really appreciate your help! DxDiag attached. 

Message 12 of 19 (601 Views)

Community Manager

Still seeing some issues there @EldaW0lf including some related to your OS.

Are you able to test your game and account on another system?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 13 of 19 (556 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko I don't have another system to test on sadly. Any advice for the OS related issues? The first time I reinstalled windows was from the recovery drive and the second time was a clean install using a fresh boot stick.

Message 14 of 19 (541 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @EldaW0lf I'd recommend a clean install but ensure that you fully format your drives first.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 15 of 19 (531 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko I fully reformatted my drives. Installed Windows (Inc video drivers, etc), then Origin, then Battlefield V and Battlefront 2 (So a complete barebones install) and I still get the same issue. 
I installed Windows using a newly created USB installation. Still having the same issues. 
I also just tried starting my PC in Safe mode and ran the SFC scan and then a DISM scan to restore the image health. Then I reinstalled the games again, this did not help either. 
I also notice that the PROFSAVE_profile file is missing from the Battlefield V folder which means it is not being created on start up. 

The launch behavior is still: Press play, game window opens with black screen and loading symbol in corner. Window closes, Origin reappears. No error message. 

I have attached my dxdiag. 

Message 16 of 19 (465 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @EldaW0lf for a fresh install of the OS I am seeing quite a few errors there in your DxDiag.

Can you run the System File Checker tool again to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 17 of 19 (454 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko Trust me I am just as perplexed. For context I have a long background in System Engineering and before that I was IT Support so trust me when I say it was a totally clean Windows install. 

I have been running these tools, both SFC and DISM and in Safe Mode. The output comes back as having repaired corrupt files. Then I run it again and it says it has found no corrupt files.

The game is not creating the PROFSAVE_profile file in the Battlefield V folder. Is this information useful?   

Message 18 of 19 (426 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko Here's the output from both SFC and DISM scans I ran just now. Attached. 

Message 19 of 19 (420 Views)