Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: No clans , no groups , no official LFG ?

by Neoiceman88

Original Post

No clans , no groups , no official LFG ?

★ Apprentice

How is this game going to work ? We are like 2-3 weeks away from the official launch and there is no word about this .As it stands now it looks worse then grouping up on Destiny for the ps4/xbox atleast that shitefest had a website acting like a 3dparty app.

Message 1 of 10 (183 Views)

★★★ Guide

@off3nc3 wrote:

How is this game going to work ? We are like 2-3 weeks away from the official launch and there is no word about this .As it stands now it looks worse then grouping up on Destiny for the ps4/xbox atleast that shitefest had a website acting like a 3dparty app.

It seems to me like they want to do that for you..they want to place you in random groups to fill spaces. Im not for sure about VOIP or whatever it is that theyre wanting to use for communication but not test driving that in these demos is a potential catastrophe.

Message 2 of 10 (180 Views)

★ Apprentice
I don't know how will they acomplish that also why doesn't this hyped title have an official LFG group by now ? Makes zero sense to me , grouping up on the psn platform is IFFY as is and now this ?
Message 3 of 10 (176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@off3nc3 wrote:
I don't know how will they acomplish that also why doesn't this hyped title have an official LFG group by now ? Makes zero sense to me , grouping up on the psn platform is IFFY as is and now this ?

I also think its a mistake to under estimate the humans potential for xenophobia. Most folks want to play with friends and if they're forced to play with someone they don't know, they at least want to be able to communicate with them.

Message 4 of 10 (171 Views)

Champion

You can find some information here:

The Alliance System – “What is That & How Does it Work?”

The Alliance system is a way for you and your friends to be rewarded for playing the game. Anytime you complete an expedition (Mission, Contract, Freeplay, Stronghold) you earn experience. That experience also goes into the Alliance system. Even better, the experience from the OTHER people in your group also goes into the alliance system. Even better STILL, players on your friends list who play without you - THEIR experience also goes into the Alliance System.

At the end of every week, you are awarded Coin (our in-game earned currency, used to purchase various items throughout the game) based on how much experience was contributed to the Alliance System. There are several tiers you can work through each week as well as a weekly cap. We want to encourage players to form friendships and play together and we’ve created the Alliance System to do just that!

Guilds – “What About Those?”

The short answer is, Guilds will not be available at launch. While we believe the Alliance System is a great way to encourage social interaction with Anthem, we also understand Guilds play a critical role in helping players form organized groups with people of similar interests and play styles. Our goal is to release guilds as soon after launch as we can. Details on timing will come as soon as we have our plan locked in. We want this to be awesome.

If you check out the source, there is some more information in the answers in the comments.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 5 of 10 (154 Views)

★★ Novice

Look guy's I've been trying to tell u the game is garbage don't buy it!  I've been getting into trouble all night WINK not by SJW's..WINK...not by Bioware...WINK...WINK...WINK....not by EA WINK WINK WINK...there is a lot to be desired by the MMO crowd, but I have GOOD news for you...this isn't the game you think it is....let that sink in for a hot minute....this is a cash grab designed to take the money from your pocket out of your pocket....it's not Bioware's fault...they sold they're soul...much like Blizzard did around the 2000's this is now 20 years later...enjoy...

Message 6 of 10 (134 Views)

★ Guide

At least they are intending to put in a guild system.

It would be a mistake not too.

Message 7 of 10 (130 Views)

★★ Guide

@Midknyghte wrote:

At least they are intending to put in a guild system.

It would be a mistake not too.

A guild system without a proper chat system makes me weep though. It's probably going to be terrible. 

Message 8 of 10 (97 Views)

[ Edited ]

We know guilds are in the pipeline for soonish after launch.

In the meantime, I'm finding plenty of randoms to play with because of the matchmaking.

There are also groups, forums, and Discords falling over themselves to 'recruit' friends to play with, and I can see those friends I've connected to very readily in the menu screen.

Like the OP it'll be nice to see the official guilds rolled out, but for the time being, I think we'll be fine. Standard smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 9 of 10 (88 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@Mythicstoner wrote:

Look guy's I've been trying to tell u the game is garbage don't buy it!  I've been getting into trouble all night WINK not by SJW's..WINK...not by Bioware...WINK...WINK...WINK....not by EA WINK WINK WINK...there is a lot to be desired by the MMO crowd, but I have GOOD news for you...this isn't the game you think it is....let that sink in for a hot minute....this is a cash grab designed to take the money from your pocket out of your pocket....it's not Bioware's fault...they sold they're soul...much like Blizzard did around the 2000's this is now 20 years later...enjoy...

The game is good, your intentions are the real garbage here.

Go to Destiny 1/2 or Warframe if these games are more in your favor.

I love the game it has it flaws but overall i like the artstyle and i love the flying and meleebombattacks Standard smile

Message 10 of 10 (82 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help