Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: No More Anthem 2.0 And Now Nothing From EA

by Valhalla-strider

Original Post

No More Anthem 2.0 And Now Nothing From EA

★★★★★ Apprentice

So EA cancel and that's that just leave the game to slowly die off to then kill the servers we've milked the players for what it was worth and got as much money out of the attempted Destiny clone that we could, I am not suprised to be honest that they have now fell silent on the matter. Not even saying we will update and fix what we can for say 6 months of light support but thats it nothing not even that, I started Anthem on the PS4 and I enjoyed it a lot so I picked up the PC version ready for that 2.0 Update I was pissed like everyone it got cancelled.

But I would have thought they would have maybe given it a few months of support for any fixes and maybe some performance improvements or release any thing they had made in the 2.0 update that could have been added to Anthem

Message 1 of 10 (946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It's true, they stopped development of Next so that's the final verdict, I guess. But should we as players just accept that as a resolution?

Message 2 of 10 (912 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

No, #SaveAnthem

Message 3 of 10 (853 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don’t think an Anthem 2.0 is entirely out of the question. They’re halting new development work on Anthem (Anthem NEXT) which was expected to be a free update. 

Have they said anything to indicate they wouldn’t migrate those efforts to a bigger project in the form of a sequel? Maybe Anthem 2 is the better path for all the work they would need to put in for players to really give it a fair new shot.

Anthem 2 as a new release with improved everything.

Crossplay would be a good move.

Another path I could see is the free-to-play model.

Message 4 of 10 (796 Views)

★★★ Guide

Actually, they never decided they weren't going to charge money for Next. There are plenty of people who still want to see something more from this game, I just can't imagine Bioware will be the one to do it. 

Message 5 of 10 (780 Views)

★★ Novice
@agentCGBSpender Bioware was never the right studio for this type of game, and EA really failed in their job to properly manage the game, as well as steered them in the wrong direction.
It's all rather sad as I had really looked forward to the game they'd promised, but never delivered.
Message 6 of 10 (694 Views)

★★★ Guide
@meerling True, was somewhat of a genre experiment for Bioware and I think it made them realize it's not the type of games they want to work on.
Message 7 of 10 (572 Views)

★★★★ Novice

"Anthem, the latest creation from BioWare in which gamers had high expectations ..."
Too bad, I found the game interesting but not enough to buy it in its state. The fact that they were working to remake the game was good news and I think I would have bought it once the title redesign was done.

Message 8 of 10 (421 Views)

★★ Novice

Hell no, I want Anthem to continue!

Message 9 of 10 (380 Views)

Hi @ismart22   did you play Anthem ?  Or are you making your judgment from the comments and critics of the game....

For the price it's at now it is more than worse it to play Anthem....

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 10 of 10 (361 Views)
Twitter Stream