Re: No Footsteps or Climbing Sounds larger issue then before in solos

by GalliumDeath

Original Post

No Footsteps or Climbing Sounds larger issue then before in solos

★★★ Apprentice

So I always knew there was a problem with the no foot steps or sounds of characters moving. It wasnt really that bad recently in normal mode. But now in solos its apparent how really bad the issue is. I am constantly having people climb up the sides of buildings and even doors to get to the roof and there is zero sound coming from their animations. Last game I had a bang walk up an entire flight of steps right behind me and nothing. I run a sound blaster card with sounds settings maxed with a Astro A40 headset... so I should be hearing this stuff...

Message 1 of 4 (234 Views)

★★ Expert
@GalliumDeath sometimes in the heat of battle, if too many sounds are going off at once (gunshots, nades, pylons, ect.) the game won't register all the audio around you, like footsteps.

+XP
Message 2 of 4 (231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@GalliumDeath wrote:

So I always knew there was a problem with the no foot steps or sounds of characters moving. It wasnt really that bad recently in normal mode. But now in solos its apparent how really bad the issue is. I am constantly having people climb up the sides of buildings and even doors to get to the roof and there is zero sound coming from their animations. Last game I had a bang walk up an entire flight of steps right behind me and nothing. I run a sound blaster card with sounds settings maxed with a Astro A40 headset... so I should be hearing this stuff...

I've found the opposite tbh. Footsteps work really well in solo, but I've not been anywhere where there is more than 3 or 4 players at a time.

I'm on PS4 though, London server.

I'm also on Astro 40s (great headset) but I don't use the 3D sound. I run it with that feature off and I think it's the second option on the other button (gives you 4 different sound scapes)

Message 3 of 4 (224 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am running Dolby atmosphere through optical audio to my headset. Also at the time there was a lull in the gun fire and nothing was happening. I turned to see the Bang running up the steps with no audio ques at all

Message 4 of 4 (211 Views)