Re: No English language supported?

by Crusader_bin

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

For what it's worth, it looks like media took some interest in the issue: http://windowsreport.com/mass-effect-andromeda-language-support/

Message 51 of 59 (2,260 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Let's hope that will help with the issue but I do not hold my breath :/

Message 52 of 59 (2,240 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Won't hold my breath, either, but at least I feel our problem has been validated somewhat. It's no longer a fancy of a small group of people, but something that is more widely acknowledged... just not by EA.

Message 53 of 59 (2,217 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I am not saying to use VPN but I doubt, while officially it's not okay, that anyone will take action if you use it in reverse - to buy more expensive version of the game.

Reason games in Pol/Russia come with restricted languages is to prevent people using vpn for cheaper purchases - "western" AAA game cost is 1/8 of an average full-time working person's salary in Poland so they want to make games a bit more accessible. Unfortunately, it really screws people over as well - since about 2009 Polish translations were absolutely dreadful in video games. I'd ask for a refund and just use a trial from anti virus program, like avast, to make an English purchase. VPNs for purchases may not always be safe, so I'd be careful there.

There is also an option to edit registry on your pc. I remember having to use it back when Mass Effect 2 came out (years ago, omg...) to get english text and audio. Try that first with andromeda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yttwQQHecfA

Best and safest option:

Also, yeah. Like CM said. Just go to a site like G2A and buy code there from some decent seller. Pay a bit extra to insure your purchase if you're unsure. I actually got my ALL Mass Effect 2 and 3  pre order bonuses from EBAY seller.

Message 54 of 59 (2,197 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Alec_Fortescue How does that work with patches and DLC, though? If I buy a key for global version, won't a future patch downloaded through Origin overwrite that version to the default for my region? Will DLC be even compatible?

Message 55 of 59 (2,180 Views)

★ Guide

No problem with patches. As for the DLC, you might need to buy them from the same region or it might change the language.

Message 56 of 59 (2,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is so disappointing. I didn't even play Witcher 3 in Polish and now I'm being forced to play ME in two languages at once. It's insulting. We live in such a strange world these days, imagine explaining this to someone 10-15 years ago. 

I was already skeptical about this game after reviews surfaced but decided to give it my best shot, especially having spent hundreds of hours on the trilogy which really developed my deep fascination with AI and particle physics. But this is a deal breaker. Didn't even begin the download and am currently waiting for a refund. I'm going to semi-experience the game on Youtube instead.

Someone on here mentioned they played Witcher 3 in Russian because it was closer to Polish. One of my friends was a dev in CD Projekt Red and when I complimented the game, the first thing he said was "I hope you didn't play it in Polish". So perhaps the English experience is considered better?

Message 57 of 59 (2,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If I may add to the feedback... I believe "not ideal: is an understatement. Polish localization of your games is done in the most cheesy and unprofessional manner by completely incompetent and miscast voice actors, most of which we can recognize by their performance across all of your games. We really do not care to pay $20 less for mediocre performance. Not to mention that localized text does not even fit in the allocated space most of the time. Polish and Russian are much more descriptive languages. at this point I simply stopped buying your games, since all of them are being forced on me in Polish or Russian. At least give us a choice. Let us buy a $40 Polish/Russian  as is BUT also let us opt for a $60 English version (since pricing is the main reason you did what you did).

Regards,

Brad Konik

Message 58 of 59 (1,870 Views)

★★ Novice

If you or someone still searching, there is a site which will help you: http://bsn.boards.net/thread/5113/playing-russian-polish-versions-english

Message 59 of 59 (1,566 Views)