Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

by ZarkullenO_O
Reply

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

★★★★ Guide
@ZarkullenO_O sadly the fcc has made it so devs would need to pour TONS of time in to the chat function alone seeing how it would need to be chat /chat to voice and voice to chat.
Message 21 of 33 (120 Views)
Highlighted

Re: No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

★ Apprentice

Why is this the only game i've ever heard the FCC argument in? New games launching all the time with chat included. I get that it's not the easiest thing to do but it's also not as difficult as they are making it out to be. It's already been done by tons of devs out there on a much much lower budget.

Message 22 of 33 (113 Views)
Highlighted

Re: No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

★★★★★ Apprentice
That's funny to only blame the FCC because even smaller devs with games in 2019 have text chat.....and they have faaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr less resources than EA/Bioware.

And BTW, neither DA:I, ME3, or MEA had text chat.
Message 23 of 33 (112 Views)
Highlighted

Re: No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

★★ Guide

@ZarkullenO_O wrote:

Well said Chazz. While some people may think chat causing a lot of toxicity, I think it's quite the opposite.  People can ask for help, advice, groups, and much more. In mmo's like this it just enhances the game play so much. 


According to BW it has more to do with FCC regulations not toxicity. Google 'bioware anthem chat disability FCC".

Message 24 of 33 (109 Views)
Highlighted

Re: No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

★★★★★ Novice

And the worse thing is when your for example French and you don't speak very well english and then you come to play with Chinese people who doesn't even speak a word of english and they told us to use their vocal, is that a f*****g joke ?

Message 25 of 33 (105 Views)
Highlighted

Re: No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

★★ Guide

@ProfessorSpankIt wrote:
That's funny to only blame the FCC because even smaller devs with games in 2019 have text chat.....and they have faaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr less resources than EA/Bioware.

And BTW, neither DA:I, ME3, or MEA had text chat.

Whatever the real reason is. FCC is a strong suit and it was enacted in 2010. So, everything that was made before didn't have to abide by it. I'm of the opinion that chat is useful if they can make it, but not before some of the other pressing issues are resolved.

Message 26 of 33 (103 Views)
Highlighted

Re: No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

★ Guide

I'm actually getting used to not having chat in-game. I just try to pay attention to what others are doing and follow along.

The last thing I really want is to have to listen to Little Jimmy Douchebag scream and rant when I don't play the way he wants me to play

 

Maybe some type of invite only team chat would work

Message 27 of 33 (88 Views)
Highlighted

Re: No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

★★ Apprentice

@DidgeriDudeLV wrote:

I'm actually getting used to not having chat in-game. I just try to pay attention to what others are doing and follow along.

The last thing I really want is to have to listen to Little Jimmy Douchebag scream and rant when I don't play the way he wants me to play

 

Maybe some type of invite only team chat would work


In my 24 hours of gametime there were only 3 people talking in VoiP.

 

One guy said "Hello" i said Hi and then he said "Goodbye"  thats it

 

The second guy was constantly screaming how awesome Anthem is 

 

And the third guy was speaking a language i couldnt understand. 

 

Otherwise i felt pretty lonely... in a multiplayer game. 

Thats why i started to see the other freelancers as advanced A.I ... because they are much better then the usual NPCS lol 

Message 28 of 33 (86 Views)
Highlighted

Re: No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

★★★ Novice
Wait. There is Voice chat? I'm up to level 20 so played a bit over the weekend. I too frustrated all games these days just not allowing us to have chat these days but voice? Not once have I heard anyone talk in game. Is this working on pc? Game has never mentioned this
Message 29 of 33 (78 Views)
Highlighted

Re: No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Zengrath wrote:
Wait. There is Voice chat? I'm up to level 20 so played a bit over the weekend. I too frustrated all games these days just not allowing us to have chat these days but voice? Not once have I heard anyone talk in game. Is this working on pc? Game has never mentioned this

Yea there is, just check in the audio option if your VoiP is enabled because ive read somewhere before that it was deactivated by default. 

 

My VoiP was activated but i think its because i played the demo and changed the setting there. 

Message 30 of 33 (73 Views)
Twitter Stream