Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

by ZarkullenO_O

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

★ Apprentice

I like it this way. No chat means no trolling!

Message 11 of 33 (158 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
Lmao sorry EA logged me out right as I was trying to click reply after I typed out a long response and I really am not in the mood to type it out again. In short it's not worth the effort to implement so many stupid accessibility options that are so difficult to add, that at MOST 1/3 of the player base MIGHT use, when they could be focusing more content, balancing and bug fixes.
Message 12 of 33 (155 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

You don't find anything wrong with being unable to coordinate attacks on world bosses in free play? I typically play a tanky role in these kinds of games and if people aren't in voice there is literally no way for me to communicate strategy right now.

Message 13 of 33 (151 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

We need a chat, if not, then make this game 100% SP and remove all MP options in this and Nerf the crap out of all quest/mobs/instances etc. and allow players to play offline.

Message 14 of 33 (146 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Ok im feeling like maybe I missed something, the article talks only about text chat which is also only what I'm talking about. As for voice chat and a ping system, I agree those need to be added, a ping system at the VERY least. Voice chat in open world should be proximity based, I really don't want to hear ever person that joins in the second they join in, if their near me I may want to ask for help, also being able to talk to people in world events. It should also be able to be turned off entirely for people who really don't want to talk to people.

Message 15 of 33 (141 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@HateGlow wrote:

We need a chat, if not, then make this game 100% SP and remove all MP options in this and Nerf the crap out of all quest/mobs/instances etc. and allow players to play offline.

I'd rather live without lag and other more important issues then with the chat feature. BW deems that it is hard to implement FCC disability guidelines

Message 16 of 33 (141 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Can you imagine that, they worked for years on the game and missed out so many features that everyone with common sense is demanding on this forum.

How can they not implement a chat box in a multiplayer game on pc? Also if they are looking after the people with disability how come that deaf or mute people cant communicate whatsoever?

THEY NEED A TEXT CHAT. This is bullshittery and a big fat lie. 

Why cant you Ping the map or set a waypoint for yourself and or teammates?

Why is the walking speed in fort tarsis so slow?

Where is all the customization? Armors weapon skins etc....

Why get people punished for being slower then the one guy that rushes the content? 

The list goes on and on.... its a shame and i think this is due to the GAMES as a SERVICE problem. 

People always try to find excuses for the lazy design decision made by the creators of the game... "the next update will have that feature, the next dlc will have that feature" 

Why not having those features from the start? Did no one with half a brain played the game before hand to adress all the things the people mention in this forum? Like comon... what the heck.

Im glad that i bought only the premier access for 15 bucks because its not worth the money or the grind because oh man the rewards suck anyway.... :/

Do you saw the rewards?.... After years of developement this is all they can come up with? ... man what a joke. Roadmap lol sure they will dish out the best armor on later dates but the prices will be high and gold will be hard to get after the challenges are done because they are just a one time payment. So yea strong arming people to buy the new shiny armor if you want it. GJ

Yes as you can see im one unhappy customer. I will play the game untill my 30 days are over and then i think im already done with the title.

If there are no major changes in the next couple of months... this game will be forgotten quickly. 

Cheers see you in Bastion. 

Message 17 of 33 (129 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Well said Chazz. While some people may think chat causing a lot of toxicity, I think it's quite the opposite.  People can ask for help, advice, groups, and much more. In mmo's like this it just enhances the game play so much. 

Message 18 of 33 (123 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
I agree voice chat and ping need to be added but the rest of what chazz said was crap from a raving hate monger so i'm ignoring it. The game is great, missing a few things but it is damn fun, why hate it so much instead of giving them a little time to implement the SMALL features they missed.YES chat would be great but IT DOESN'T KILL THE GAME.
Message 19 of 33 (120 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I mean damn we already know that most of their fixes aren't evening being added till day one, how do you guys know some of this hasn't been added already? Now that I think about it, I'm glad I'm not playing with premier on PC you guys are finishing the game before it's even ready.

Message 20 of 33 (117 Views)
Twitter Stream