Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

by TheDarkrayne

Original Post

Highlighted

No Chat? Who's genius idea was that?

★ Apprentice

The game so far has been entertaining but without the ability to talk to players outside of Voice chat I feel like the game will just end up being full of fan boys like Destiny 2. It's 2019, there's no valid excuse for not adding chat to the game. The game could be so much better with chat. For example, if i'm on free play I could ask other players to help kill a titan. But no, I literally have to hope they come over to where I am at. If you don't want to build a community with this game then fine, don't add chat. I'm blown away that this game actually released without it since D2 had such a * storm of a mess because people couldn't even chat in guilds.

This is the last time EA gets my hopes up. 

Message 1 of 33 (405 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

Not using the search feature...whose idea was that? Plenty of threads on this.hopefully they are working on it.

Message 2 of 33 (400 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

I think Anthem is in constantly evolution and all the things lacking right now will be there soon by demand.

Message 3 of 33 (392 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
Message 4 of 33 (391 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I don't want it.

I'd rather not have random internet idiot number 56434 going crazy if I miss a shot with my ultimate or something by mistake.

The elitism for this game is already starting to infest these forums and the main population isn't even playing yet. The game's very nature is going to encourage doing runs as fast as possible and the (not so elite) elites are going to scream their nerdy teets off if you waste 1 second of their time.

Message 5 of 33 (384 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Hopefully they are working on it? Yea I would hope so since the game officially releases in a few days. Either way, it should have been implemented upon release. With no chat feature on the PC version then they should expect the PC players to quit relatively soon.

Message 6 of 33 (369 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Not sure if you're a console player TheDarkrayne but on PC games chat is expected. This is purely for comradery and strategizing. I don't care for toxic players crying in chat either but at the same time I like meeting and talking to other players on a MULTIPLAYER GAME. If I wanted to play solo there are better games out there for that.

Message 7 of 33 (361 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Anzaman, I read the article and basically it points out that EA would rather make this a cash cow and satisfy investors instead of releasing a quality product. Same mistake that was made in Destiny 2 and dozens of other games out there. If they continue that train of thought, by this time next year Anthem will be forgotten and another fail will be left with EA's name all over it.

Message 8 of 33 (348 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

You obviously didn't read that article then.

Message 9 of 33 (332 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Really Ninox, you went there? “The main challenge is that there are a bunch of additional accessibility options that we are required to implement. This increases the cost of these sorts of features,” 

He practically said they didn't want to pay for it. Fail troll is fail. Get off ea's nuts for a minute and actually digest the article guy.

With as much as they are charging for this game, they definitely could have implemented chat. We're talking about EA here. Tons of free games even have chat.

Message 10 of 33 (320 Views)
Twitter Stream