Re: Nightcap doesn’t need nerf

by Ditronus

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

Just look at how everybody plays that class. Its the new meta. Its complete garbage at this point.

The thing is i understand what they were trying to do from a design standpoint. To hit blobs of zombies and make them scatter. To have them run out of cover as they are attacked from behind. But as it is with Popcap so often, they are not in line with the playerbase and so all the nice design falls apart once people with different plans actually play the game.

Constant Fung Fu. I've been in games where the entire zombie team could not progress because everybody was busy dealing with the constant backstabs. 

Survived one Fung Fu? Great. Have another. And as you fall to the ground just watch as there was a third one just waiting.

Its generally a really bad idea to have invisible characters in any multiplayer game. And just to be clear, i am talking complete invisibility - not some cloak that gives away a silhouette. All the game does is display a couple dust trails.

I just have to look over to an actual stealth game. Metal Gear Solid 5. Which does have a cloak effect for a class. But no full invisibility. And another class with thermal vision to track and mark them for the team when cloaked.

Fung Fu is also such a thing. After all the Impkata nonsense yet another "spin to win"-hit-one-button-no-aim skill. And look at what happened to the Imps Impkata in this game. It got drastically nerfed. Way less range, damage and tracking than in GW2. But compared to that, Fung Fu is the new golden standard of OP. You can't even stop it. There is no clear target. No EMPeach or Burrow to eat the user. It just goes. And thats why people spam it while attacking from behind, or even just because why not.

And i know the user still takes damage as it goes but that is not helpful at all, unless you run an aim-bot which i had to experience against the AI during the team vanquish quest.

And the time it takes to get out of its effective range, turn around and attack gives the Shroom enough time to recover from Fung Fu and retreat with stealth.

Almost like a Suicide-Chomper, that managed to connect a Burrow but then just walks away invisible.

And of course the projectile. Way too easy to hit targets as large projectile. No recoil. Effective at range. Good damage. Three of these properties need to be nerfed.

Its already hard enough with the new mobility to avoid all the flanking Pea Gatlings while being sniped by the cactus. You now need to have at least 6 eyes in your head to cover all sides, angels and rooftops. But then some random invisible guy comes out of nowhere and thinks he is really brilliant with his masterful stealth, as if he just beat MGS2 on European Extreme with 0 Alerts. 

Message 11 of 49 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ScreionGood points and I fully agree but wait, how many times have you’ve eaten/evaded multiple kung fu’s at a time? Usually I see 1-3 NCs in a team and usually one just does her KF while other just shoots, unless it’s a big target tho.

What I see more often is 2-4 engineers next to each other with their turrets... 4-8 targets. My gosh just an hour ago I saw an entire area being red due to the attack aura buff and next thing I knew half my squad left. I see this way more than NC being spammed :P

but finally someone talking about the IMP and impkata, bravo, someone who remembers those old days... but I do get what you’re saying about no clear target. I haven’t tried it yet since I don’t play zombies but lets say she does KF and ‘doesn’t move’. Isn’t the centre where to hit her cause healing goes to the center when I’m sunflower so the ‘object of mass’ is still there. You can however do a rocket and that’ll kill her and that damn engineer’s stun does work afterwards...

Message 12 of 49 (618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Koochi-QThe nerfs going to happen. You are bias because you like/main the character. You'd have to be an idiot not to see it's a balance issue especially for lower levels of play (aka new players) and don't worry, it's going to get nerfed. We know it. You know it. Deal with it.

And once it's nerfed maybe you can actually show "skill" with the character instead of relying on a cheap 1 shot gimmick. The characters still amazing even without the one shot button.

Message 13 of 49 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Gowron248I don’t think reading comprehension’s your strong suit but that’s okay. It’s either that or you’re just to stubborn to read and not regurgitate everything that’s already been said by others.

I hope you can continue to play the game with all your enjoyment and have a pleasant day. Hope the nerf happends and you’ll still get killed by NC and continue to ask for nerfs

Message 14 of 49 (602 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Koochi-Q Good luck getting 4 shots on the NC with the pirate's super spread out and weak close range attack. I'll have to try the other character's again though to verify. For me, that little shroom is just impossible to hit unless I get off the ground over top of him.
Message 15 of 49 (583 Views)

★★★★ Guide

NC absolutely DOES need a nerf, and i guarantee there WILL be a nerf.  Same goes for the tree.  When you see a match where almost ALL of the plant team is either NC or the acorn/tree, that tells you right then and there that a nerf is needed.

Message 16 of 49 (564 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Koochi-Q I love paladins btw hehe.

The fast, stealthy glass cannon character is hard to pull off balance wise, but it's a nice addition. Like paladins, most people find the class the biggest offender and cry imbalance (which there might be some), but as people learn the game more and its nuances, usually they are the weakest picks. Like paladins, sky is always banned in almost every ranked match in the lower and mid tiers; higher tiers, people dont bother as they know how to fight against her and she isn't that strong.
Message 17 of 49 (553 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Ah yes Paladins and Skye. I remember when they nerfed so much she was just terrible, thanks mostly to newer players that couldn't handle her. She's pretty fun right now but I don't play ranked anyway.

On NC, while I do think she needs a minor nerf, probably to Fung Fu, I don't want them to go overboard and make her terrible like what often happens to this style of character in these games.

Message 18 of 49 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@tristkiss 

I have to totally agree with you on your response. GW was forgiving also in the sense that each class was an army in their own respect (I rant about this in this thread here that I made). I've been through the forums and have seen people talking about having to lead shots, which to me is ridiculous considering that the old GW games were about movement and action. How am I supposed to lead a shot if by the time I've gotten it down I'm killed by something. The fact that Nightcap has a fast-moving slash, versus Foot Soldier's tiny paintballs, is ridiculous. I loved GW2 because I didn't NEED to be a good shot, I just had fun playing the game! But now I'm shooting at nothing while 5 Nightcaps decimate me. WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO SHOOT HER WHILE SHE'S USING FUNG FU!? It's ludicrous. I get that she can be an easy kill for some specific moves, but surprise surprise, EVERYONE dies fast to most of those.

Message 19 of 49 (541 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PearsonShoota wrote:

@tristkiss 

I have to totally agree with you on your response. GW was forgiving also in the sense that each class was an army in their own respect (I rant about this in this thread here that I made). I've been through the forums and have seen people talking about having to lead shots, which to me is ridiculous considering that the old GW games were about movement and action. How am I supposed to lead a shot if by the time I've gotten it down I'm killed by something. The fact that Nightcap has a fast-moving slash, versus Foot Soldier's tiny paintballs, is ridiculous. I loved GW2 because I didn't NEED to be a good shot, I just had fun playing the game! But now I'm shooting at nothing while 5 Nightcaps decimate me. WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO SHOOT HER WHILE SHE'S USING FUNG FU!? It's ludicrous. I get that she can be an easy kill for some specific moves, but surprise surprise, EVERYONE dies fast to most of those.

Aim at the bottom middle of her “circle” or the spot Fung Fu is initiated.  

I hit (approx) 75% of my shots like that.  Spam low.

😊

Message 20 of 49 (518 Views)