Re: Nightcap Character Challenges Guide - Springening

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nightcap Character Challenges Guide - Springening

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hey everyone,

In this thread I am going to attach my character challenge tips for Nightcap. By completing all of these challenges, you can net yourself 15 prize bulbs and make progress towards the character challenge completion reward. Nightcap's challenges are as follows:

https://gameclips.io/DefenseGuy35/screenshots/9f9736cd-0605-49ce-91b9-5e091bfec34c

If you are struggling to complete these challenges, want advice, or any other reason, feel free to check out these tips! I will post my challenge tips soon!

Regards

@TheSprinter85 

Message 1 of 11 (1,392 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@asabaida @ToastedSarnie , I'm not calling anyone a daft mare or anything (😂) but you can just give people the link I won't freak out without direct credit lol. That is still probably the post I feel best about putting on the forum because I know a bunch of people got some use out of it (I know I used it a ton). Seems the daily challenges have changed to not be directed at vanquishing a certain character anymore so that simplified things for folks quite a bit. I often just use the bronze challenge on each side that I like best to get the "vanquishes with 'specific character'" dailies done quickly now.

@TheSprinter85 I love seeing posts that are just plain helpful. When I click on these types of links I am way less concerned that I'm clicking into an argument or ego stroking 😂 It is kind of you to continue putting guides up as these challenges reappear. We could continue bumping the old threads too so helpful comments from others get recirculated as well. I finally feel like I have a good handle on efficient ways to get character challenges done now (after how many months?), even if I still don't necessarily LIKE doing all of them lol

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (1,221 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

My character challenge tips for Nightcap are attached below:

Gain 5,000 XP as Nightcap.

If you would like to get to achieve this challenge faster, then equip the Levelling Up upgrade if not already equipped as you gain 10% more XP from any action, even if your Nightcap is completely mastered. Ops and Skirmishes in a PvE region (Plants Town Centre or Mount Steep) are an effective way of gaining XP, as 2-3 completed, successful matches of either should give you this challenge. Place pots where you can in Ops as well for bonus XP. In regards to PvP, you want to aim for vanquishes where possible, and any revives, assists, and so on, that you can obtain are welcomed as well. Even shooting targets in Giddy Park nets you a very small amount of XP (look out for Gold Targets as they give you more XP!). Simply playing the game will slowly rack up points for this challenge, and hopefully you can obtain this challenge before completing the others so you won't have to come back for it!

Vanquish 30 Support Heroes.

This challenge only awards you points if you vanquish a Zombie Hero that is a Support Class, meaning that you can only vanquish an Engineer or Scientist (well, you can now vanquish a Wizard as well as he is classed as Support so it will count towards this challenge). Why it can only be support I would know. As it can be hard to track down and vanquish a Support without being vanquished yourself in PvP, and you need 30 to complete this challenge, I don't advise completing it in PvP. I would suggest doing to Mount Steep and heading to the region Rocky Flats in Mount Steep. You will find Scientists and Engineers in that region; and they should respawn quite often as well.

An even better technique would be to do one of the Battle Chests: either the first or the second one. The first one is Gnome Bomb and the only Zombie Heroes are Engineers, and it is easy difficulty, the spawns are fixed so you can spawn-camp the Engineers if you wish, or just look out for them and net some vanquishes. Just be sure to use your abilities to prevent yourself being vanquished, and to make progress to your challenges. The second battle chest is Vanquish Confirmed (I am pretty sure) and the only Zombie Heroes are Scientists. In those first two Mount Steep battle chests, any vanquish you get will make progress towards this challenge.

I would suggest using upgrades such as Vampiric and Low Life to give you bonus health whenever you vanquish an enemy and increase your survivability, as Nightcap is a low health character.

Deal 1,000 Damage while in Casting Shadows. #

This challenge is easier to obtain if you are near a group of enemies or fighting a zombie boss, as you can deal a lot of damage this way. Nightcap also has "natural piercing" (you don't need upgrades to give Nightcap piercing), so you can deal loads of additional damage. It's great because you are also less likely to get attacked in your shadow.If you catch an enemy inside your Casting Shadows, especially if it is a boss or many enemies, you could use your Fung Fu to deal even more damage again, as your Fung Fu is a close-range ability. Skirmishes and Ops are an effective way of completing this challenge, as when enemies start piling near the garden, use your Casting Shadows to trap the zombies and deal as much damage as you can. Rinse and repeat, and it should not take a long time to complete this. If trying to complete this challenge in PvP, then use this ability whenever you can and try to deal as much damage as you can inside it, use your piercing to your advantage if possible as you have the capability of doing much more damage. Just note that players may try to vanquish you while inside your Shadows.

Upgrades that can help you to complete this challenge include:

• Corrode, it costs 4 upgrade points, any zombies that are caught in your Casting Shadows are debuffed, making them lose ammo, overheat faster, and makes their abilities refresh more slowly.
  • Incubate, it costs 2 upgrade points, any ally you revive in your Casting Shadows get revived faster, which is helpful if you are trying to earn extra XP.
  • Spore-ratic, it costs 3 upgrade points, your primary attack is fired faster, allowing you to deal more damage.

Land 200 Fung Fu Hits. #

Groups of enemies are favoured for this challenge, as you can land many, many hits in one session of Fung Fu. This does not require a certain amount of damage or vanquishes with it, it just require you to hit an enemy with Fung Fu. This challenge is effective for completing in Ops or Skirmishes as there are many enemies which tend to cluster near you or a different specific area. This challenge is also very effective against enemies with large amounts of health as you can get more hits with lower risk of them being vanquished during use of this ability, therefore getting less hits. If trying to complete this challenge in PvP, you will want to try and do it against groups of enemies if possible, to get more hits in. Or if that is not possible, try and focus enemies with more health to get the most out of this ability. It is best to activate this ability somewhere that you are less likely to be vanquished for a higher chance of success with this ability and its challenge.

• Fearless, it costs 2 upgrade points, when 2 or more enemies are near you, you rapidly heal, making it less likely for you to be vanquished during Fung Fu.
  • Fleet Footed, it costs 3 upgrade points, while using Fung Fu, you move faster and you can jump while using this ability. Normally, you can't!

Get 25 Vanquishes after Shadow Sneak. #

This challenge requires you to use your Shadow Sneak ability, and then vanquish an enemy shortly after you exit Shadow Sneak. Doing this in Skirmishes, Ops or even in Giddy Park is more effective as you have a higher chance of vanquishing an enemy. If trying to do in Giddy Park, it is best if you set it to Private with Al, and go the zombie side, use the Shadow Sneak, and then vanquish one TV Head (or more if possible). If doing in a Skirmish or Ops, you can use your Shadow Sneak to get to a better location and then vanquish an enemy once you exit the Shadow Sneak. It is best to damage enemies before you use the Shadow Sneak so you are more likely to vanquish them afterwards. You have 2 charges of this ability so you get extra chances if you don't manage to vanquish a zombie. If trying to complete this challenge in PvP, this challenge will most likely be harder, but you will want to try and weaken enemies if possible, or target an enemy that has already been weakened, use your Shadow Sneak to get up behind them, and then do your best to finish them off afterwards. 

• Shadow Sling, it costs 2 upgrade points, you move faster for a short time after Shadow Sneak ends, allowing you to move faster while trying to vanquish the enemy.
  • Spore-ratic, it costs 3 upgrade points, your primary attack is fired faster, allowing you to have a higher chance of vanquishing the enemy in the short amount of time you have.
  • Clear Coating, it costs 3 upgrade points, you take 20% less damage while invisible, meaning you are less likely to be vanquished while using Shadow Sneak.

#Any upgrades that help with reducing ability cooldowns, such as Refreshing ReviveCombo and Critical Blow also help with completing these challenges as well.

That's all I have to say for now! Standard smile

Message 2 of 11 (1,357 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Posting on behalf of @ToastedSarnie as they thought this excellent and very helpful post from @TLEsquire would be a good addition to this thread Large smile

It lists all battle chests and characters for reference and helps with completing specific challenges in the Pve maps.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Battle-Chest-Cheatsheet/m-p/8326540#M5241 

Message 3 of 11 (1,312 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@asabaida Thank you honey - dunno why was having problems with that particular one. You didn't have to credit me though, you daft mare! 😂💖
Message 4 of 11 (1,308 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@ToastedSarnie  But why wouldn't I though? It was your idea... you silly bun Heart Large smileLarge smile

Message 5 of 11 (1,304 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@asabaida 😂🤣
Message 6 of 11 (1,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@asabaida @ToastedSarnie , I'm not calling anyone a daft mare or anything (😂) but you can just give people the link I won't freak out without direct credit lol. That is still probably the post I feel best about putting on the forum because I know a bunch of people got some use out of it (I know I used it a ton). Seems the daily challenges have changed to not be directed at vanquishing a certain character anymore so that simplified things for folks quite a bit. I often just use the bronze challenge on each side that I like best to get the "vanquishes with 'specific character'" dailies done quickly now.

@TheSprinter85 I love seeing posts that are just plain helpful. When I click on these types of links I am way less concerned that I'm clicking into an argument or ego stroking 😂 It is kind of you to continue putting guides up as these challenges reappear. We could continue bumping the old threads too so helpful comments from others get recirculated as well. I finally feel like I have a good handle on efficient ways to get character challenges done now (after how many months?), even if I still don't necessarily LIKE doing all of them lol

Message 7 of 11 (1,222 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TLEsquire That was (still is) an amazingly useful post, so credit where credit's due!
So glad those awful challenges are gone too..... 75 Vase Weeds is right up there with GW2's Trial of Hot Doom as far as I'm concerned! 😱😂🤣
Message 8 of 11 (1,211 Views)

Champion

@TLEsquire  I really enjoy making helpful posts. I love to share my opinions and ask for other people’s opinions on this forum but also make helpful guides or share helpful tips as well, such as for character and weekly challenges. I read your post on the Battle Chest cheatsheet and think it’s greatStandard smile! Not many people write helpful tips on the forum like me so it’s excellent to get incentive to continue making helpful posts as I do enjoy doing it. Maybe one day I can make some tips for daily challenges or using a character in a much more effective way or using certain upgrades, something like that. Food for thought! 

Thank you for your kindness! I deeply appreciate it! Large smile

@ToastedSarnie  and @asabaida  Thank you for your thoughts and kindness as well! Large smile

Message 9 of 11 (1,164 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 You're welcome - there are some good tips in there for players to try out! 👍

I think though that lots of forum members have made helpful & informative posts, it's just that most subjects were covered in the early days of Founders, when the game was very new to everyone & more advice was needed for things like the PvE quests & medals (any new players needing that kind of help just needs to run a simple search of the topics).

Unfortunately at the moment there's not as much new content, so we do end up seeing more of the differing opinions about balance, which don't always make for fun reading! 😜
Message 10 of 11 (1,117 Views)