Next Legend Theory: Simulacrum

by BionicGrillHouse

Original Post

Next Legend Theory: Simulacrum

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

In Titanfall 2 (Kinda like the prequel to Apex, if you didn't know) there's 7 characters/pilots that all have 1 ability:

• Cloak (Invisibility)
  • Pulse Blade (Throwing Knife that reveals all enemies near it, trough any wall/surface)
  • Grapple (Pathfinder's grapple with longer grapple range)
  • Stim (Octane's Stim ability, without losing any health, but quickly gaining health)
  • A-Wall (One way particle shield that increases all outgoing shoots)
  • Phase Shift (Wraith's "Into the Void" ability)
  • Holo Pilot (Mirage's "Psyche Out" ability)

Almost all of these abilities could be safe to use today in our time (If we had them). Except for Stim and Phase Shift. The Stim ability that lets you run super fast, would seriously injure a human body when running that fast. It's only because of Octane's robotic legs that he can run that fast, since yeah... his legs are not flesh and bones, it's metal.
And Phase Shift would be too dangerous for an human, since it teleports you into another dimension for a short amount of time. I don't think there's any guarantee that a flesh and bones creature would come back in one piece/"same" piece. And since Wraith is possibly the first experiment of trying to phase shift humans, it's probably a very new thing in the Titanfall universe.
So how can we use these abilities if we don't want to use them on humans.
That is were a "Simulacrum" comes in.
A Simulacrum is a human pilot's mind, in a robot.
If a pilot is heavily injured and is no longer able to physically work as a pilot or any kind of soldier. Then they have the option to upload their mind, thoughts, experience and personality to a human like robot.
These Simulacrums were created around the time of "Operation: Broadsword" (Long story short: Titanfall 2)
But since the war is now over, these immortal robotic pilots no longer have anything to fight for. What are they going to do? They could live a normal life, until they get bored and turn them self's off, or live forever and who knows what happens then.
But would'n an immortal pilot with a lot of experience from war, fighting, working with weapons and so on, see potential in a blood sport that rewards the winner with wealth, glory and good reputation. And since most Simulacrums are made to do the work of a pilot/soldier, and the war between the IMC and the Milita is over. The Apex Games would be a perfect place for them.
And what do they have to loose? As seen with "Ash" also a Simulacrum pilot, were destroyed by Jack Cooper and BT-7274 in the Titanfall 2 Campaign. but later seen as a faction leader in the multiplayer (Which takes place after the campaign). So it's possible for a Simulacrum's mind to be uploaded to a new robot if the old one got damaged or in the worst case: destroyed. If the Simulacrum is destroyed, it can still be rebuild with the same mind, if it had a copy of it's mind uploaded somewhere else.

So far i only know of 3 Simulacrums as confirmed characters:

• Ash - Which hasn't a confirmed death yet.
  • Jester - Who's an IMC Simulacrum that were before the upload of his mind, a bounty hunter that volunteered for the Simulacrum program. And when he became a Simulacrum, the IMC removed his self-awareness. Jester never made it into the Titanfall 2 Campaign as he was meant to be.
  • Conner H - I have actually no clue who Conner H is. I have only seen his on the Titanfall FANDOM wiki about Simulacrum. Please comment me about this if you have anything to add about him.

So, the Simulacrums are build to complete a pilot's job and complete actions that a normal human can not.
This could open up a world of ideas for abilities.
Please share your ideas!

Here's links to some of the websites i've used information from, and also gives a lot more of information than in this post:
https://titanfall.fandom.com/wiki/Titanfall_Universe
https://titanfall.fandom.com/wiki/Simulacrum
https://titanfall.fandom.com/wiki/Ash
https://titanfall.fandom.com/wiki/Jester 

Message 1 of 5 (2,070 Views)

Re: Next Legend Theory: Simulacrum

Champion (Retired)

I enjoyed reading that. Had to read it about five times to get my head around it as I haven't played Titanfall 2. The first thing I thought when I finished reading was that you should write a short story linking Titanfall 2 to Apex. You have some incredibly clever ideas.

Message 2 of 5 (2,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Cooper H. If you look at the S4 launch trailer for Apex around 9 seconds you see two people standing next to Ash. Now in Titanfall 2 there's a banner called "ghost from the past" with the center robot or simulacrum lining up pretty well with the frame in the trailer. 

This could be Cooper H, currently in S5 we could be finding parts of Cooper H "broken ghost" that either give us Intel on Ash or the guy standing next to "ghost". Also would be a great metaphor on us trying to find Cooper H LOL. 

Please check this out

Message 3 of 5 (1,450 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

1. We already got a Simulacrum now. Revenant. So they probably won't be adding more.

2. All of the images on the tv screen in the S4 Launch trailer are concept art or TF2 banners. You can find it all on ArtStation.

Message 4 of 5 (1,436 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Conner H. is not exactly a fully-fledged character, but the name appears on the Phase Pilot's vest.

Message 5 of 5 (1,315 Views)