Next Gen update v1.12

by wongnog

Original Post

Next Gen update v1.12

★★ Novice

EA announced the new next gen update for this game, which is supposed to update it from version 1.0.12.0 to 1.12:

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order/news/next-gen-optimization-update

However I'm not seeing any updates available on my Xbox Series X. I started a chat with EA support, who had my clear my alternate MAC address, clear my persistent storage, disconnect and reconnect my ethernet cable, power cycle my console, and finally uninstall and reinstall the game. After going through those steps, I still see no updates available.

Here is a screenshot for my game file info, where you can see the version is still 1.0.12.0:

https://imgur.com/a/YnPzFJr

Message 1 of 8 (1,030 Views)

Re: Next Gen update v1.12

Community Manager

@wongnog 

Thanks for posting, it may just take a little time for the update to become available globally, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,016 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Barry I initiated a chat with EA support and was told the update is available on all next gen consoles globally. Then after further troubleshooting, was told it’s not yet available on Series S. Finally was later told it’s also not ready yet for Series X. So why yesterday’s press release for an update for next gen consoles, when it’s not ready for 2 out of 3 next gen consoles?
Message 3 of 8 (992 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ohhhhhhhhh

Message 4 of 8 (977 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Barry What defines "a little while"? Can you confirm when the update will be available globally for Series S and Series X please?
Message 5 of 8 (945 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry Are we talking hours, days, weeks...?
Message 6 of 8 (926 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Barry Can you please confirm if v1.0.12.0 is actually the same as v1.12?
Message 7 of 8 (923 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm still stuck at 1.012 with my Xbox Series X as well, my only performance option is the old "1080p" performance mode.

I've deleted and reinstalled the game, restarted the console, reset it (with and without keeping games and saves), and of course I've done the unplug and press the power button trick to clear the cache. It's now February 1 and I still can't play any recent updates for this game.

Message 8 of 8 (765 Views)