Betreff: Next-Gen crossplay (PS5/XboxSX)

by EA_Leeuw

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@CloudMcRip @MegatronNerd @EA_Leeuw

New-gen consoles & PC:

Cross-play = ON

--> PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC together. 

Cross-play OFF

--> only players on the same platform as you. 

Old-gen consoles:

Cross-play ON

--> PS4 and Xbox One

Cross-play OFF

--> only players on the same platform as you.

No split for New-gen console Cross-play to only cancel out PC! 

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 11 of 22 (560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_Leeuw 

@Its_Travis_199 

Its_Travis_199 also typed the same answer as me.

I have also asked a similiar question back in the days when Crossplay was revealed. My official answer was from @EA_Vendcera on the german Battlefield 2042 EA answers section. 

Link with answer:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Allgemeine-Diskussion/Battlefield-Briefing-Antworten-auf-eure-Fragen-zur-A... 

If you have trouble in reading it, you can use a translator like Google, Yahoo, Bing, DeepL and many others.

Message 12 of 22 (545 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all! I just got some clarification on this, and it is indeed an all or nothing system, as @Its_Travis_199 and @CloudMcRip mention.

Some more clarification (a quick copy-paste, thanks Travis! ):

New-gen consoles & PC:

Cross-play = ON

--> PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC together. 

Cross-play OFF

--> only players on the same platform as you. (So that means PC vs. PC, Gen5 Xbox vs. Gen5 Xbox and PS5 vs. PS5)

Old-gen consoles:

Cross-play ON

--> PS4 and Xbox One

Cross-play OFF

--> only players on the same platform as you. (So that means Gen4 Xbox vs. Gen4 Xbox and PS4 vs. PS4)

I will make sure to pass on the feedback!

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 13 of 22 (539 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_LeeuwThank you for the quick feedback on this. I asked my question because there aren't that many new-gen consoles out in the field yet. Even if someone doesn't want to crossplay with PC, "No crossplay" on new-gen might become an option that is not very practical and the experience will indeed be all-or-nothing but with a different connotation. I understand that there are likely some technical hurdles involved to expand/alter crossplay options for new-gen, but i would appreciate it if you passed this feedback on to the team anyways.

Message 14 of 22 (508 Views)

Community Manager
@VeloRama_Twitch, that you for your constructive feedback! We appreciate it a lot! I totally understand what you mean by this.
Rest assured, I will indeed pass this on to the teams. Standard smile
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 15 of 22 (506 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@VeloRama_Twitch Hopefully crossplay will develop to allow next gen console only, Xbox v PS5.

We shall see I suppose.....
Message 16 of 22 (480 Views)

[ Edited ]

Np @EA_Leeuw 

@VeloRama_Twitch

If you want to do Cross-play between consoles only, you can play the PS4/Xbox One version on your New-gen console.

As BF2042 offers a Cross-gen bundle, you can actually install both versions on your New-gen console. Which then means, if you start the Old-gen version of the game on your New-gen console, you'll be able to Cross-play with PS and Xbox only. (without PC)

That's because it's depending on the Game version you run. So therefore PS4/PS5 & Xbox One/Series players can all play together as they all run the Old-gen game version.

(you'll just start the application on your new console, same as you do it right now with Old-gen games)

Remember tho, that the Old-gen version will be limited to a MAX of 64 players, smaller maps and other things that might be different to New-gen. 

Greets,

Travis 

Message 17 of 22 (477 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Really hope they change their stance on this as others have said there are not a ton of new gen consoles out there and we would love our player pool to be PS5 and Xbox Series X/S without being forced to play against PC players.

Message 18 of 22 (438 Views)

★ Guide

i dont see any with a ps5 or xbox series playing on 64 player maps...  

Message 19 of 22 (406 Views)

@RNM4010028

Some people might start up this Old-gen version of the game tho on their New-gen console, if they want to play with old friends that don't own a New-gen console yet.

Greets,

Travis 

Message 20 of 22 (390 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help