Next Gen Console resolution? Crossplay options

by SpitFireAce1985

Original Post

Re: Will Battlefield 2042 have 120 FPS on Next-Gen Consoles?

★★★★★ Novice

All we see is a 60 fps+ whatever that is but definitely not a 120 fps option. 03B5C00B-FDBE-4907-B681-B9D79AC33A78.jpeg

Message 31 of 56 (9,458 Views)

Next Gen Console resolution? Crossplay options

★★★ Novice

Next gen console resolution and will there be a 120FPS option plus can we turn off cross play vs PCs since KBM has a clear advantage over controller.

Message 32 of 56 (489 Views)

Re: Next Gen Console resolution? Crossplay options

★★★★ Pro

Here's a FAQ page from EA that explains the game's features and what you can expect: Battlefield Briefing: Answering Your Reveal Questions - Answer HQ 

Message 33 of 56 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@SpitFireAce1985Up to 4k resolution on the latest generation of consoles. There will almost certainly be a 120hz setting for this game on consoles as well, just not at 4k...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/battlefield-2042-xbox-series-x-s/9nkgmnkrfn5q?activetab=pivot:over...

As for cross-play, the two required options are "on" and "off":

- "on" meaning there will be full on cross-play across same gen consoles and PC

- "off" meaning that cross-play is off completely and you can only play with same console players.

EA DICE are likely working on a third option for console-only cross-play, but have not confirmed anything yet.

Message 34 of 56 (453 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@carsono311 Personally I will probably just keep it on. A lot of my friends play the previous Battlefield games on PC while I have Xbox Series X so now we can finally play together... And the rest of my time will probably be in Portal and I don't care who joins me as long as everyone is having fun with it Standard smile
Message 35 of 56 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I'm guessing 1440p or lower for 120fps mode.

Message 36 of 56 (445 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Jesse165 I really hope EA DICE figure out the third option as I know a LOT of players are interested in console-only cross-play.

@Oskool_007 Yeah, I just cannot see it supported higher than that resolution and maintain that kind of average fps...
Message 37 of 56 (424 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

KBM is now allowed on next-gen consoles.  Call of Duty, Fortnite, and other games already officially allow KBM on consoles.  Hopefully DICE does the same for BF2042.

Message 38 of 56 (401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@PoppaPappoDICE needs to include it on Playstation version natively because KBM will not be recognized on a game until it is directly addressed. If it will not be detected from the Software (BF2042 Game) KBM will only act like input devices for chatting/messaging.

To the Topic: 120FPS are not confirmed yet. Only 60FPS/4K through the Microsoft Store.

For KBM balancing I hope the devs will add Gyroscope Aiming, so console players can aim natively 1 to 1 like a mouse does.

Gyroscope Aiming:
Link:

Message 39 of 56 (395 Views)

Re: Will Battlefield 2042 have 120 FPS on Next-Gen Consoles?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
Message 40 of 56 (337 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help