(New) way to change servers/data center?

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(New) way to change servers/data center?

★★★★★ Expert

Is there a new way to manually select servers. I just got placed in tokyo server and afterwards sao paolo when I logged out, did the 2 min wait thing to see if it was still in place... nope...

Message 1 of 10 (2,862 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: (New) way to change servers/data center?

★ Guide
@Koochi-Q On console, when you load up the game, before logging in, click the right stick in to bring up a list of data centres.

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (2,813 Views)

All Replies

From the title page where you normally wait the few minutes you can now instantly change it by clicking on the data center text in the lower bar! At least, that works on PC.

I don't think there is a way to change the data center from the main menu though (that would be nice, especially when the game picks it's own ones...)

Message 2 of 10 (2,844 Views)

★ Guide
@Koochi-Q On console, when you load up the game, before logging in, click the right stick in to bring up a list of data centres.
Message 3 of 10 (2,814 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Doesn't matter what data center I pick they are all over 100 ping and they are trash.

Message 4 of 10 (2,810 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@tonycawley69 I’m so stupid. So I did all the steps of the previous way to select a server... but what didn’t I do... right analog click 😅 I just tapped the data center at the bottom of the screen as if it was a button.

@xcr762, not for me. I have 7 locations I can click that give me a ping of 15-25 :D GO EUROPE! :D
Message 5 of 10 (2,795 Views)

★ Guide

I wish you could but even when I wait and select a data center near me it sends me out to NA and I am from Australia. My closest data center has 40 ping https://gameserverping.com/apex I don't want to play on na server that is 200+

Message 6 of 10 (2,689 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No this is incorrect. Clicking the right thumbstick does nothing.

Message 7 of 10 (1,990 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DockerAl Try again...
Message 8 of 10 (1,979 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried multiple times. PS4. Only option before logging in is to actually log in. No way to choose data centers on that screen for me. Titanfall, Battlefield veteran etc. so not new to server search options. I'm probably missing something. Can you provide screenshots please?

Message 9 of 10 (1,971 Views)

Champion
@DockerAl On the initial screen do not press x to log in. Press R3 and a list of lobby servers will appear. Scroll the list and pick the one you want. You will still end up on other game servers nearby to that one depending on matchmaking.
Message 10 of 10 (1,964 Views)