Re: New match making makes casual just unenjoyable.

by SDS_JuggernautTV

Original Post

New match making makes casual just unenjoyable.

The mentality of pubs has changed to a lighter version of ranked basically. All opponents are tougher and they will run across the map from fights and even camp in buildings. 

If this is going to be the new state of the game we seriously need more mods because this is honestly crazy Devs talk about its unfair for new players to go against sweats every game and to a degree they are correct however I doubt that's the case.

Life's not fair and that goes double for RNG BATTLE ROYALS GAMES. 

Message 1 of 17 (529 Views)

★★★ Expert

There is no MM in pubs, how many more times does this need clarification?

It's an observed phenomenon in any game that it gets harder overtime since all the FOTM players stop playing, and all the stayers get much better.

Apex at launch had droves of players who never played shooters before just checking out the new hype game. Those are gone now, and the percentage of players who wear sweatpants while they play goes up.

But there is no MM in pubs, I get teamed with and and against lvl 2 accounts.

Message 2 of 17 (500 Views)

★★★ Expert

Relax, there won't be any player over level 101 in pubs starting December :P.

Message 3 of 17 (491 Views)

★★ Expert

lol....sweatpants

Heart

Message 4 of 17 (478 Views)

★★★ Expert
@jumanjaydazed We should ask some streamers to take the challenge of playing Apex wearing sweatpants. @yqi7somabf8, you in? Standard smile
Message 5 of 17 (467 Views)

★★★ Expert

@DoYaSeeMe wrote:
@jumanjaydazedWe should ask some streamers to take the challenge of playing Apex wearing sweatpants. @yqi7somabf8, you in? Standard smile

Nah, Rag would have to wear one of those hideous headbands. Unless you want a crotch cam Confused

Message 6 of 17 (460 Views)

Message 7 of 17 (435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

In Plants vs Zombie GW2, they ask for skill level match making for boss hunt, but Dev implement for Turf Take over as well, then life start getting tougher, players start complaining it's hard to survive and get kill, game is not fun anymore, and they roll it back.

We already have rank mode, so if you want to test ur skill to similiar level, go there.

Causal mode, people just want to chill, try out things, no pressure environment, just have fun and get some kills.

I think granular/precise skill match making will be back fire.

But they also want to protect noobs from getting wrecked so there should some kind of match making but the granularity will be big:

Total Noobs               : level 1-20  

New kid on the block : level 20-100

Senior                        >  level 100

Veteran                      > level 100 & KDR & Win/Play ratio > 33%  & other factors

Note: KDR (kill to death ratio)  is  pretty good indicator. Top player ussually have KDR between 7-9 (predator) and win/play ratio around 40-50%

Message 8 of 17 (425 Views)

@Wingmannedbro lmao this dude again. For as much time as you spend on the fourms on my post I doubt you even play the game.

Heres a quick snip for you since I doubt you have the intelligence let alone energy to search anything on google.

Parts of the community speculated that a Skill Based Matchmaking (SBMM) system was silently introduced to Apex at some point. Respawn senior system designer Eric Hewitt confirmed the existence of a SBMM on Twitter yesterday. The system was likely added “before the end of season two.”

As well as balancing the match making system I would also like them to allow me to ban losers like you from posting fake information on my posts.
Message 9 of 17 (395 Views)

★★★ Expert

@SDS_JuggernautTV wrote:
@Wingmannedbrolmao this dude again. For as much time as you spend on the fourms on my post I doubt you even play the game.

Heres a quick snip for you since I doubt you have the intelligence let alone energy to search anything on google.

Parts of the community speculated that a Skill Based Matchmaking (SBMM) system was silently introduced to Apex at some point. Respawn senior system designer Eric Hewitt confirmed the existence of a SBMM on Twitter yesterday. The system was likely added “before the end of season two.”

As well as balancing the match making system I would also like them to allow me to ban losers like you from posting fake information on my posts.

Well, then it doesn't exactly do a good job since I recently still got a lvl 2 teammate, and often get under lvl 100 teammates despite Diamond rankings, thousands of kills etc.

Message 10 of 17 (374 Views)