Re: New game mode for bfv that addresses team balance.

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

New game mode for bfv that addresses team balance.

★★★ Newbie

A dynamic game mode that expands the map depending on how much better one team is over the other.

So right now with the most recent update in the summer of 2019 there is this mini conquest. So if one team is stacked it's hard to balance the game. Battlefield is fun because you don't need to have the best aim or reaction time if you can outsmart your opponent. However, if you're forced to just slug it out with no way to retreat or move around it becomes very not fun fast.

So my suggestion is if the teams are stacked open different parts of the map to allow different maneuvers your opponent may not expect. 

My other idea was if the teams are stacked change the vehicle respawn rate so the team being pounded has an advantage. Or give the losing team more 6lb guns, and aa. This will let them slug it out harder.

Just my 2 cents. 

Message 1 of 2 (399 Views)

Re: New game mode for bfv that addresses team balance.

It'd be interesting to see a more dynamic map but for the majority of matches there would be a lot of dead space. I think by having a casual and competitive server we'd have way better games; of course, there needs to be a skill threshold/cap where you can't just go to casual to stomp the newbies.

With RSP we should be better able to balance out the maps - just adding more PAKs or Pom-Poms would only be putting a bandaid on the map for they would cause the defending team to just be stationary. That said, I like the idea of a reduced vehicle spawn timer

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 2 (336 Views)