New definition of the word "bot"

by RichAC

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New definition of the word "bot"

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Miriam-webster and Oxford gave me their permission to change the definition of the word bot.  (just kidding)   It now means a gamer who blindly runs everywhere hunting a kill.  Who usually has exceptional tacticts but no strategy.   And all aim no brain type of player.  Who has no real care for his teamates.   like an ai bot.   

Message 1 of 8 (374 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New definition of the word "bot"

★★ Guide

I know the type of player.

Solo Hotdropping into a hot zone, even getting like 5 kills but still dying because he hotdropped alone into 10 teams, then immediately disconnecting. Impressive shooting, not much brainpower.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (302 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

No, you are thinking of the word "noob", "bot" is the spiderman with the teletubby T.V. in his chest.  I don't get why you people are trying to use a word that means something else to describe something that we have already gone through the trouble of inventing a word to describe. It's like trying to call "French Fries" "fish sticks" for no reason.

Message 2 of 8 (365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

bot from my time in q1,  the first online fps multiplayer,   meant cheater. Not newb.  as spelled newb. lol    It was people using aim_bot software. 

But now imo the real bots are not just cheaters,  they are also  the all aim no brains BR gamers. Just like an ai bot they mindlessly rush enemies with no strategy  and no cares for teamates.  And have insane aiming ability.      

Message 3 of 8 (342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Bot means someone with extremely low skill, not all the other stuff like running into battle blindly. 

Just watch this first Gibralter in this clip - this is a perfect example of a "bot". 

Message 4 of 8 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I changed the defition. In quake 1 it meant cheater. aim_bot cheaters. or literally an ai bot. not a newb.

Now when I use the word from now on. it will mean extremely high level skill players, who are too mindless and programmed to play BR to win.

"All aim no brains"

Message 5 of 8 (334 Views)

★★ Guide

Solo Hotdropping into a hot zone, even getting like 5 kills but still dying because he hotdropped alone into 10 teams, then immediately disconnecting. Impressive shooting, not much brainpower.

Message 6 of 8 (303 Views)

★★ Guide

@stevencloser wrote:

Did you just say what I think you did.

Message 7 of 8 (299 Views)

★★ Pro

@stevencloser wrote:

haha exactly.

Message 8 of 8 (266 Views)