Re: New circle damage is bad, here's why

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@Anlbrd 

Seems to be mostly gold and platinum players in my game but it could also just be play style honestly the teams I play with push very aggressively sometimes we die because of it but more often than not we kill the people 

for the first fights in a game you have to push crazy you do not have time to sit back and get amazing positioning heal poke in and out if you do you get hit by the circle

so you have two options don’t get into a gun fight or hit a few shots when they dip into cover rush that is only option if you want to kill multiple teams and not get swallowed by the circle 

but my kd has started to drop slightly since I hit platinum so I am assuming diamond is where my playstyle will lvl off

Message 41 of 49 (264 Views)

★★ Pro
@neillkorey I've just been erring on the side of caution mate, because the zone eats me alive. What I've found to be the biggest issue is that bad teams who are happy to chance it for 3RP will engage you in absolutely suicidal conditions/positions. Like we've had some of the bads who have camped to get to gold trying to zone us out, but they're also still in the zone - so they die.

I just hit plat in time for a month off. Family from overseas visiting and getting married so unlikely to be able to play much. Hopefully when I get back I'll be able to queue into better lobbies and not have it so much :P
Message 42 of 49 (327 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Anlbrd 

Congrats and I am hoping that it eventually happens but those players will be weeded out once you hit diamond it is going to be much harder to get through platinum for players like that 

but in a month I am sure 90 percent of the gold and platinum players are going to be that type of player I am hoping to be out of platinum by then lol 

Again congrats enjoy your family time

Message 43 of 49 (322 Views)

★★★ Expert

I play in unranked mostly, since I can only play short sessions and sometimes have to interrupt matches. I kind of avoid ranked because there's a higher chance for cheaters in there. Anyway, had a few ranked matches too, it felt the same.

Message 44 of 49 (303 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Anlbrd I can’t figure out if you’re getting married or the family who’re visiting you are xD. Either way congratz. I want cake!

Yesterday I had the worst running match. Basically whole match normal armor and no real gun... kept running with another teammate
Message 45 of 49 (291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Anlbrd congratulations.

@Koochi-Q here's yesterday's marathon: I ran through 3-4 teams fighting to get both my teammates' banners, then ran away dodging bullets, then ran away from a full squad ambushing me at the respawn beacon, then ran away from the closing ring, back to the respawn beacon, then ran away after respawning the teammates, to heal, then ran back to cover them as they were attacked right after respawning, then ran with them, pinging loot to help them equip faster, then ran again from the closing ring of round 3, then ran into a camper, then ran away from the 2 remaining squads that I startled by killing the camper, as we were about to get caught right between them, then my level 1 equipped teammates ran through my artillery round and smoke to the next ring, while i ran behind one of the teams, shooting at them to divert them, then I ran outside the circle and dropped, then we won right as I was about to crawl back inside the ring and revive myself to die bravely with the gun in my hand. 4 team kills total, with around 8-900 damage. The ring damage wiped most of our enemies in the final battle...

Message 46 of 49 (280 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe Here’s mine. We landed on the left outskirts of thunderdome cause some logical person said ‘we can loot here, while staying away from the gunfire in thunderdome & bullet hell aka skulltown (he did not say bullet hell but you know it is :P) and cut our way through thunderdome to the other side’. So we did that, looted up. Thunderdome was oddly silent, but guess where the storm began... right behind us. So we looted quickly and ran towards the other side only to discover a better equipped team waiting at the other outskirts. My team starts shooting... missing everything I’m assuming. I’m going berserk aka bloodhound ultimate, see one but oddly miss him, do a quick getaway while reloading just to get bullets in my back. Luckily I’m loaded up (under the ‘bridge’) and shoot one of those *. Got him, but his buddy was right on top, so I thought ‘wth I’m dead anyway, lemme get my kill’, so I thirst him. I’m not dead yet so I run towards the other side of the domed up ‘bridge’, turn around and start prefiring... enemy comes and walks inside my pre-fire and I still track him and kill him.

Meanwhile I’m thinking, where is that one teammate cause I know the pathfinder hightailed it out of there when all his shots were missing that damn wuss. I see the other teammate died... I start running cause the storm’s about to be incoming... pathfinder respawns other teammate where? You guessed it; thunderdome, where the storm begins. So right before the respawn the storm sets in. Circle’s over at what was cascades.

Basically I ran seeing as I had no bullets almost and white armor. Went through the cliff formation left of the caves, and sprinted. Saw one team battling another in the storm... ran other way, suddenly saw a team on my right who’d seen me, had to turn left again, somehow got passed another team, started looting a bit and found some syringes. Right when that happend there was a team behind me. I ran again (all the while my teammates were nowhere near me) towards my teammates who were over at Cages or The Cage while I was where the behemoth was, when we finally would’ve met up, 3 teams fighting each other. What does pathfinder do? Engage... dies promptly. So we keep running and running, looking for loot. All the way up to artillery... can’t find loot. A care package comes over at artillery. I tell my teammate not to go cause someone’s likely there. He won’t listen, get arc starred and he’s like ‘how did they know I was there’ and I’m like: they probably didn’t, they just threw it cause someone always goes for end game carepackage.

Later on basically last four squads all fighting each other and we’re running from the storm still hiding. I hide behind a container, peek over to the left side, get a longbow shot and I’m at 50 health, go to the right of said container and get instantly melted by someone else. Then teammate died...

What a marathon that was
Message 47 of 49 (275 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm not particularly good at this game, so in theory I should welcome a factor threatening other teams that doesn't rely on my * aim. But it did feel weird being declared champion after my squad had had zero enemy contact past minute 2. Oh well... Embarrassed

Message 48 of 49 (267 Views)

★★★ Expert

Well, if there's a Wattson in the winning team, she should get all the kills done by the storm, because she designed it Standard smile.

There should be a challenge or a new stat related to distance traveled outside the ring, awarded with a marathon runner badge or something Standard smile.

Message 49 of 49 (259 Views)