Re: New circle damage is bad, here's why

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

★★ Pro
@DaAceXD You can't camp the circle with a lifeline as it destroys her medbot - this was a brilliant change and would have been enough imo.
Message 11 of 49 (433 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I think the circle damage is fine here but I think that rounds 1 & 2 should be a minute or so longer. If you drop and get into a fight right at the start in somewhere like Relay or Wetlands for example and you're not in the ring, by the time you actually finish the fight the ring can be on you already before you've even had a chance to get your bearings.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 12 of 49 (425 Views)

★★★ Expert

I've seen some really nice fights outside of the circle, the added pressure was just enough. Those kind of fights are not possible anymore, in many cases there's no point in reviving someone outside of the closing circle, that player won't make it without medkits unless the next ring is a few seconds close. Also, respawn beacons outside are less worthy.

I now recall a third game affected by ring damage. I had a good team we all fought hard until the last 3. We had our mid fighting interrupted by the closing ring (round 2), we managed to run away from it but I think the remaining enemies got killed while chasing us. Only in the final showdown in the Cascades, we realized how crappy our loot was, I had no shield battery and 0 armor, a teammate had no medkits and about 50% health, and still holding the gray backpack.one other team was near us, the third one camping high up, doing easy one shot kills with the longbow. After two of us dropped like flies, the last living teammate ran away to find a place to recharge his stuff, but, even after managing to get his health at 75 and stealing a blue shield from a deathbox, he was easy prey for the full squad coming down for sweep cleaning. The fight depended way more on the grabbed loot than in the past, making this last battle feel like a chaotic, hot drop one.

Message 13 of 49 (417 Views)

★★ Guide

Havnt even played with the new circle, but knew everyone was gonna whine because of how much of a non threat it was before. With how mobile the characters are with multiple ways to move quickly throughout the map, it's your fault if you die to the circle. 

Message 14 of 49 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@xXCA_RageXxUnless another team puts you into a situation where your options are die to storm and then they die by trying to avoid them, die to them whilst ignoring and running through them to new ring or you kill them first then die to storm. If you've not played it you don't know :S

Message 15 of 49 (395 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think all changes are fine personally, better than before.

Message 16 of 49 (392 Views)

★★ Guide

@Anlbrd wrote:

@xXCA_RageXxUnless another team puts you into a situation where your options are die to storm and then they die by trying to avoid them, die to them whilst ignoring and running through them to new ring or you kill them first then die to storm. If you've not played it you don't know :S

I've played a majority of the BR titles, this is almost always a possibility. The ring before was weak and almost pointless. Plan for it and don't get caught in a bad position with no time left, or make the decision to avoid the fight if possible.

Message 17 of 49 (377 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@DoYaSeeMe New season is a joke and definitely not gonna be around for season 3 if the game can last that long, Loot is so thin scares you barely have enough ammo to take on 2 squads ...and the circle is a disaster you’re going to make the first wave so tiny to get inside and yet implement crappy loot , the fact that you have to go from area to area just to find attachments for weapons signifies these people don’t listen or play their own game. What terrible loot system this game has
Message 18 of 49 (374 Views)

★★★ Expert

I've just seen a few wins on youtube because the enemies were caught outside the ring, and some players getting kills a long time after barely scratching their enemies armor and then running away to the next circle. It really sucks, it's like winning a tennis game on an outside court while leading 2-1 because a storm came and you had to stop. You should win because of your aim, tactics, skills, not because the enemy made a mistake and stepped outside the ring for a few moments.

Message 19 of 49 (372 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SethCurry wrote:
@DoYaSeeMeNew season is a joke and definitely not gonna be around for season 3 if the game can last that long, Loot is so thin scares you barely have enough ammo to take on 2 squads ...and the circle is a disaster you’re going to make the first wave so tiny to get inside and yet implement crappy loot , the fact that you have to go from area to area just to find attachments for weapons signifies these people don’t listen or play their own game. What terrible loot system this game has

Very strange. A lot of these changes came straight from this very forum. Some of the vocal moaners about mid game being slow and how the ring should be faster. A lot of changes have come from feedback so for you to say they don't listen is absolute BS I'm afraid.

I'm surprised you're still here tbh. Thought you quit when S1 was so bad. Haven't you uninstalled yet?

The changes are great. The ring needed a buff and got it. I've been killed a few times by it..... Because I wasn't paying attention. That's my fault and nobody elses.

Not had an issue with ammo, or loot in general either. I'm guessing you are looking for x1 particular weapon and x1 hop up. Well, you can't do that. You have to run with what you find. It's a BR.

Message 20 of 49 (364 Views)