New Simcity?

by Wolkkis

Original Post

New Simcity?

★★★ Newbie

So umm.. Is there any information if there is gonna be more simcitys? I personally would love a new simcity.

Message 1 of 2 (254 Views)

Re: New Simcity?

@Wolkkis sadly, no. Any information about new EA releases is usually presented at EA Play (usually that is scheduled in June and hopefully it will happen this year, as right now, a lot of events were cancelled due to health concerns. EA rarely releases information outside EA Play, but it does happen from time to time. 

The closest thing you can find is Cities Skylines developed by another company. That game is closer to the first 3 Sim City games, a more serious city management than what Sim City 4 and Sim City 2013 were.

I also hope that EA will revive the franchise. But they will have to get the good parts from the first 4 Sim City and add some new things. They will also have to see what competition did in the past years.

Cities Skylines is right now a Sim City fan dream.

For added fun, there is Tropico 3, 4 and 6 (a series that puts you in the role of a dictator of a small caribbean island and while funny, it hides a nice city management gameplay underneath all the silliness).

For a more futuristic management, Surviving Mars is another great game, though the scale differs.

There is also a kind of a city survival game, very hard, but you will actually get a feeling of accomplishment when you get things right, named Frostpunk. Some of those games can be found in the Origin Premier, if you are a subscriber. If yes, try them. They are also on Steam and they have occasional free week-ends there, when you can check them out for a limited time.

I probably can add a few more, but those are the best alternatives right now.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (234 Views)