Re: New Republic is way to OP

by Reposter

Original Post

New Republic is way to OP

★★★★ Novice

The New Republic Has MAJOR ADVANTAGES against the Empire all of their crafts are wayyy over powered man

For example The B wing literally the most powerful capital assault ship in the game can be equipped with both cannon beams and Ion beams making extremely easier to inflict substantial damage to Capital ships literally only takes 2 passes max to destroy a key part of the ship.

Meanwhile the Empire's Bomber can only carry the beam cannon and proton bombs does significantly less damage to capital ships. The bomber should have the option to carry both to balance out the power between the B-Wing and Tie Bomber. The rebels Have 2 bombers for Christ's sake.

The A-Wing the X-Wing blasters are ridiculously strong but the X-Wing itself is just an extremely over powered craft in itself. 

The balance of power here is clearly unbalanced and there needs to be a serious buff to both sides.

Either make the Empires Weapon stats match the rebels. Or buff down the rebels and only allow 1 beam cannon per ship. That's all the Empire gets. 

The Tie Defender is a completely garbage craft to use in all aspects.  The weakest of them all holds a heavy title and get shot down like nothing. 

Yes some people have learned to use that ship in a effective way. But here is the kicker amd this also includes SUPPORT SHIPS THEY ALL RUN BACK TO THEIR SAFE ZONES OR HOVER AROUND OR I THAT AREA DO YOU CAN'T ATTACK THEM.

IT'S ANNOYING AND A COWARDLY WAY TO PLAY THAT TAKES ZERO YES ZERO SKILL OR TALENT TO DO.

THAT NEEDS TO END!

Message 1 of 20 (1,598 Views)

★★ Guide

I do see your point but my experience is from dogfights which always seem to be one sided. I have found that most people only queue as NR as a result. However what I would say is that whether it is intentional or not it does actually fit the time period in which the game is set. What I would love to see is a third faction with access to all the ships but perhaps with slightly different components. Any way that is a separate idea. The only thing I would suggest is look at joining a clan  / guild. Being organised and using tactics that a guild can teach you will mean that it wont matter about the individual ship strengths. Also in RFB the faction is random - so you have to be good at both factions if you want to play competitively. I will say that I feel your pain but I can also see why it actually makes sense to have it this way.

Major MercenaryHG

TAW.net

Squadrons - TAW Seal.png

Message 2 of 20 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hm - I can‘t agree with your assumptions...

Yes rebel shields are a great advantage but almost all other things are in favor with the empire. 

Every imperial ship outperforms and outmanoeuvres it‘s rebel counterparts. 

And what makes you think rebel guns are stronger? Imperial guns have usually higher dps and often higher recharge rate then their rebel counterparts. 

And powershunting is a powerful ability - it takes forever to overcharge rebel rotary guns. The TIE bombers overcharged in one click. 

And the ion beam on the b-wing is very situational... capital shields and powersystems are possible targets. All of which are easier dealt with by ion torpedoes. And for that the b-wing is the slowest, sluggishest ship in game... And less tough then the tie bomber...

All in all I think the game is very well balanced and only minor tweaks may be needed. 

Message 3 of 20 (1,562 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SHANKnSMASH there's so much wrong with this post... let's just pick some highlights to disprove because I'm so tired of disinformation (and incessant whining):

Tie Fighters
Standard Lasers - 480.0
Guided Burst Lasers - 206.9
Burst Lasers - 651.7
Plasburst - 882.0

X-Wing
Standard Lasers - 450.1
Guided Burst Cannon - 173.8
Burst Cannon - 558.6
Plasburst - 882.0

Tie Interceptor:
Standard Lasers - 681.8
Plasburst - 882.0
Rapid Fire - 666.7

A-Wing
Standard Lasers - 545.5
Plasburst - 882
Rapid Fire - 666.7

At best, the Rebel ships share some stats with the Imps namely the rapid fire and plasburst which are equal on all platforms. But the standard, guided burst and burst lasers ALL FAVOR THE IMPERIAL SIDE. And in the case of the Tie Interceptor those standard lasers are crazy.

I did not have to do a deep dive to find this information. It's all provided in game for you. I guess the part that drives me craziest is how you could have just looked for yourself and seen how incredibly upsidedown your outlook was rather than making yet another tread whining about something being OP without having the slightest understanding.

One more thing, Tie Defenders are THE preferred ship of so many competitive pros right now and it's not cuz they are "completely garbage to use in all aspects"... SMH
Message 4 of 20 (1,546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Merc_SecurityI think one thing people fail to consider is that when people play in VR is SUCKS to play as the Empire. There is no cockpit bubble just an octagonal window and, if you look around, essentially the inside of a beer can.

Playing in VR lends itself to Rebel ships because of the cockpit design.

Message 5 of 20 (1,538 Views)

★★ Pro

I think Imps need better TIE Reaper and TIE Defender players. From my personal experience quite a bit of new Imp players like to choose TIE Ceptor and fight in Dogfight PVP without good coordination with the rest of their Squadron. This usually means Imp TIE Ceptor players just charge right into the gun arcs of probably Overcharged laser NR Star fighters and right from the start to cause the Imp Squadron to lose the Initiative and probably the Dogfight PVP match itself.

I personally think TIE Ceptor players need to use their Boost sparingly and not use it just because they have it.

If Imps cover each other properly and use Ion Weapons properly, NR Squadrons would start taking losses and its a close fight as well, or sometimes in my Experience for Dogfight PVP, Imps can start winning their matches.

Message 6 of 20 (1,498 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SHANKnSMASH You're obviously a dogfighting guy. In fleet battles, New Republic is *. Have you tried fighting against a team of 4 Defenders manned by good players before?
Message 7 of 20 (1,458 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No I play more fleet battles. But I guess I do go for more of a dog fight approach. But I do play both parts and when I play as the NR I I end up with far more kills and contribution points than I do as an Empiral. I don't care what the stats say in game. What I care about is how they actually perform. 

I don't play dog fighting because I really don't have a consistent group of players with the same lol of competitiveness as I do. 

I play to win I'm a more aggressive player. 

When I have a B-Wing I guarantee that I willing take down any part of the capital ship in 1-2 passes

Message 8 of 20 (1,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

The only advantage I see with New Republic is that it's harder to disable their capital ship shield generators. B-Wings are also destroyed pretty easily and have a much larger surface area than the Y-Wings, hence why I go after them first whenever we are defending. Easy kill. 

Message 9 of 20 (1,339 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SHANKnSMASH Did you happen to watch the Calrissian Cup, today? Because the statistics today will, again, show that your original post and present opinion continue to have no basis in fact. Your willingness to run and hide from the facts is surreal but also so very in tune with the type of ignorance that has become fashionable in 2020/2021. Bravo.
Message 10 of 20 (1,290 Views)