Re: New Need For Speed Heat update completely broke my game on Xbox One X.

by RichUncleCheeto

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure what to do at the moment. I'm going to what until the next update which I believe is at the end of the month and if they're going to resolve the issue. If not, then inquire about a refund. 

Message 21 of 33 (970 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there any idea when it will be fixed?

Message 22 of 33 (953 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately no. No one has said anything regarding as to when this matter will be resolved. 

Message 23 of 33 (919 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Day 27 after the update patch and still no fix for the controller input error or word from anyone (official) yet...

Message 24 of 33 (811 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is turning out to be the biggest joke going, we spend a lot of money over the years on there products, I personally haven't missed any of the Need for Speed games since there launch and purchased them on different platforms, this is the first on Xbox one x and maybe the last I will purchase.

Message 25 of 33 (804 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I absolutely agree with you. I have never experienced this level of unappreciative as a customer. Because of this problem and lack of communication, I refuse to purchase another copy for any of my other platforms.

Message 26 of 33 (774 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found a fix on my own, for now, everyone.  A bit of a hassle, but I can play the game.  I discovered it by sheer accident, and after I thought about it, I tested it several times and it works.

Here goes.  Most are probably like myself, and bounce from one game to the next; or you turn on your console, fire up your game and expect to play.

Here is the issue.  I keep my Xbox set to standby mode so that when I come home from work, a quick power on and back in business.  For whatever reason, NFS Heat does not like this. It also does not like being second.  If you power on your console from standby OR close a game that you were playing and then start NFS Heat.... your controller will not work with the game.

How to solve this to get the game to work.

Regardless as to whether you are playing a game and close it, or powering on from standby.... tell your console to restart, or perform a hard restart. Once you are back up, DO NOT START ANY APP OR GAME.  Launch NFS Heat and carry on.  I have done this a number of times and it works every time.

I hope that this helps and works for the rest of you until Extreme Asinine Idiots, I mean, EA, Inc. will fix what they broke.

Message 27 of 33 (760 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi folks, just totally reset my controller to default settings and it's started the game completely were I left of just before the updates 

Hope this helps everyone who have had th he problems with the a button not working 

Message 28 of 33 (625 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi I tried resetting my controller to complete default and this has worked, the game as carried on were I left it before the updates 

Hope this works for you

Message 29 of 33 (614 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi I reset my controller to complete default and this has worked fine 

Message 30 of 33 (614 Views)