Re: New Need For Speed Heat update completely broke my game on Xbox One X.

by RichUncleCheeto

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I'm wondering the same thing my friend, as this is day 11. EA and Ghost seemed to be ghosting us since they've gone radio silent. I believe there isn't much effort being done about it because there isn't any bigger media outlet covering the matter (i.e. Games Radar, IGN, Gameinformer, etc.).

Message 11 of 33 (995 Views)

★★★ Newbie

First off, I'm glad to know that there is an issue, as I pretty much figured that there was before getting to this point.  It's been since the first of the year since I have played the game, roughly.  My Xbox One S  is set to update itself and games automatically. I go to start the game last night, and like others, no response from my controller.  I restart the game, nothing.  Thinking it may be an issue with my external hard drive, I move the game back to console and go to bed.  I get home from work today and start the game, same thing; nothing. I uninstall the game, hard reset my console, reinstall the game nothing.

At this point, I'm at wits end, so to the internet I go, and can find nothing on this issue.  Then I come here, and yes.  I'm not going nuts because all of my other games are working, and it appears that others are having the same issues as me.

So, now that we are up to speed on me, let the rant begin.  I, like others pre - ordered the game, and expect to have a working product.  As a apparent result of your latest update (13 days prior to this writing), the product that I have purchased from you has become accessible beyond the load screen, making a strong case for malicious intent to defraud the consumer, and/or what some states may consider larceny after trust.

So, my question is this, when do you, Electronic Arts, Inc., intend to provide a working update to myself and fellow consumers, and what type of compensation might we be able to anticipate for this setback and downtime?

Message 12 of 33 (933 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Day 15... Still no fix... Not a single word as to when a fix will be dispatched... Radio silent. 

Message 13 of 33 (922 Views)

★★ Expert

@HMBigBurt 

Hello, you're absolutely right no one should have to keep dealing with the hot mess from this latest update to the game.

Here is the Refund policy by EA

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/ 

Have a good day. 

Message 14 of 33 (900 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well seeing I cannot get a refund on a digital copy. I'll have to report this to Microsoft and the Better Business Bureau.  It's been over 2 weeks and still no update and no fix to this game. The workarounds are pointless and just another worthless excuse to not truly help.  

I mean what are we, Xbox One gamers, supposed to do now?  I mean buying a wheel or buying another controller is not an option and, this update was not tested before being released.

We need assistance as soon as possible. DON'T LEAVE US HANGING!!

Message 15 of 33 (867 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing with me. Even uninstalled the game twice but nothing happened. The only usb I have plugged in are my Astro headset base station and the hard drive where my games are stored. This game is the only one that doesn’t work. Even playing off the disc doesn’t even work. 

Message 16 of 33 (789 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

At this point it may be a loss, until a new update patch is released or indefinite. When Ghost/EA suggested those * work arounds, that was just their way of saying that this anomaly is somehow are fault and NOT theirs. And now I'm just hearing that Ghost has been taken off the NFS development and now Criterion will handle the intellectual property from here on out.

What does this mean for us? Where does this leave us (those who are having this problem)?...

Message 17 of 33 (777 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@RichUncleCheeto If u reset ur Xbox threw the settings and just put keep all games and saves when it boots back up u should be able to play it its the only way I found to make it work
Message 18 of 33 (746 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately I have tried all of these work arounds and still had no luck, but thank you for reaching out. It's just sad the anyone has to go through all of this to play the game they paid for. No other game requires you to "trick" your console into working. 

Message 19 of 33 (727 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here with the a button, even tried a different ccontroller, Are EA doing anything about this or shall we all put in for a refund 

Message 20 of 33 (676 Views)