Re: New Legend Concept

by rockyboy1998

Original Post

New Legend Concept

★★★ Pro

I know we have just recently had S7 drop and a new character but I am quite a creative person and have been thinking of a new character concept. 

Please do not hate on this, it's just an idea that I have had in which I think would be quite good! 

I like the idea of having a legend in the game who is weirdly crazy, not like Octane who is just an adrenaline junkie but more like a freak/weirdo. 

So the character I thought of would be called 'Enigma' (Portuguese for Puzzle) a Portuguese street thief/magician who comes from a rough upbringing. Both of his parents were alcoholics & drug abusers and he has had to survive on his own. He was raised in the USA though. Due to the toxins he has been exposed to as a boy it has made him kind of loopy (a bit like the Joker from Batman) and his whole concept is around misconception and disorientation. The skills of disorientation and misconception has allowed him steal highly favoured items, he has once stolen a highly secret object from Hammond Robotics and is actually on Revenants hit list but is unable to be located due to being able to disguise himself easily as someone else. 

Enigma is a huge fan of the Apex games and has always favoured Mirage and Caustic, he has learnt a lot from Mirages tricks and is so passionate about Caustics psychopathic murdering mind set that he has decided to make his own technology. 

Enigma doesn't like the real world, he has always hated how the rich stay rich, the powerful stay powerful hence why he steals off of them he also goes after them in his free time, he likes to torture them with his smoke and scare them with his conception of how the world should work. He watched his family tear themselves apart and he never had the money he needed to help them. He likes to trick people into a his own reality / concept. He has no fear, treats being hunted by Revenant as a game and has a weird/crazy addiction to pain. 

Passive ability would be that he cannot be seen in Digithreat sights, the tracks that he will leave for Bloodhound won't be 100% accurate and may be misleading and when caught in a Bloodhound scan he will glitch and it won't be pinpoint where he is exactly but will again leave a rough idea. When seen in Wraiths Phase, he could potentially be seen in random places as she is going through. He would have a slight delay when walking through and area with Caustic traps meaning after running past 1.5-2.0 seconds later the trap will go off. 

Tactical ability would be disguise, for a brief time period he would be able to cloak him and his teammates as other legends, they wouldn't get their abilities but would potentially be able to mislead a team. Or another alternate version would be when used, he will change the abilities of the enemy players mixing up their tactical & ultimates which if not paying attention could cause concentration lapses and issues. 

Ultimate ability would be called Misconception: He would deploy a jack-in-the-box type item which can either be thrown into a room or set down which would admit a purple smoke on the floor, what this would do is make all enemy's disorientated in terms of their movement and vision, so all of your movement would be inverted for a short period of time, the smoke would also cause a sort of 'drunk' affect onto the enemy's screen meaning it would sort of move (a bit like when you get drunk on GTA). This Ultimate would take a while to charge though and carrying UA would be needed. This would also be the longest charging ultimate out of any legend. 

I was really stuck on the tactical ability, so I know it may look a bit pointless / rusty but it was all I could think of in the end. The passive also might look a bit OP but I think it would be really cool. 

Let me know what you would think about this legend! 

Message 1 of 3 (196 Views)

@rockyboy1998 I really like the Ult idea. Maybe a bit of blurred vision and a tad wobbly with the movement.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (186 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex Thanks Darth, and yeah that’s what type of thing I was going for!

What do you think about the story line / other abilities?
Message 3 of 3 (178 Views)