Re: New Game + or New Game?

by TKMcClone

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Game + or New Game?

★★★★★ Guide

Now that all (but one of) the bugs that I encountered in my first play through are fixed, I'm going to give ME:A another run through.

In other ME games, I would import a previous version character, so it felt more like a continuation.

I'm kind'a feeling like NG+ is cheating a little.  

So, I'm looking for opinions, pros & cons, NG + bugs,  before I start a new game or new game +..... ?

Message 1 of 9 (2,708 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

I just finished a NG+ at level 100+ I did not experience problems with the health scaling in the enemies.

Also the two Quest bugs was fixed in patch 1.07-1.08.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (2,785 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Depends of what level you played at last time. If you played on standard or hard you can go up one level in difficulty with NG+ and not have it too taxing in the beginning because you have your stuff from the first playthrough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (2,690 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen wrote:

Depends of what level you played at last time. If you played on standard or hard you can go up one level in difficulty with NG+ and not have it too taxing in the beginning because you have your stuff from the first playthrough.

I played on insanity and got to 99% complete with only 1 data core missing. I'll likely keep the difficulty the same, I find games last longer if you die a lot. Large smile

I'm more interested in playing with a biotic skew rather than the sniper/infiltrator build I had last time. 

I think I would have to research new gear either way.

Message 3 of 9 (2,684 Views)

★★★ Guide

NG+ had the famous issue with the enemy hp scaling which made fights last an eternity. Talking about after you reached lvl80 your gear, weapons, powers stranded on the same level but the enemy kept scaling as you leveled up. Also heard some ridiculous bug with the Cardinal almost insta shield respawn so you had to bring a bunch of cobras in order to kill him otherwise you got stuck.

No idea if it got fixed, i didnt see any threads after patch 1.05 (i think?) complaining about it yet so who knows...could be this issue doesnt exist anymore.

Also various others bugs which i believe doesnt exist anymore after the patches - e.g: nomad shield crafting,quest items getting carried over from the previous game...

Message 4 of 9 (2,669 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I just finished a NG+ at level 100+ I did not experience problems with the health scaling in the enemies.

Message 5 of 9 (2,786 Views)

★★★ Pro

The thing about NG+ is after level 80 your guns and skills dont improve anymore, so everytime you level you effectively lose out which is something that I really dislike, it just doesnt make sense and it pisses me off.  If you are ok with that then I dont see other significant issues with NG+

Message 6 of 9 (2,607 Views)

Champion (Retired)

From what I could tell the enemies also stopped levelling. However a NG++ would be boring to play through.

Message 7 of 9 (2,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen wrote:

Thanks folks, I went with NG+.
There are enough changes with altering my playstyle. Not too fussed about leveling not continuing after 80.

It's easier to experiment with everything unlocked anyway.

Message 8 of 9 (2,549 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I personally enjoy the unlocking of every combat power. At level 113 on my current second New Game to New Game+, about the only thing I found really annoying about the low level games is how many of the weapons/armor are blocked from being unlocked.

Message 9 of 9 (2,535 Views)