New Game (Journey) sucks.

by ResidentRecon

Original Post

New Game (Journey) sucks.

★ Apprentice

Cool!! I get to keep my Cosmetics!!.... Big. Who cares, WE WANT OUR ABILITIES TOO!!

Part of Playing a New Game Plus is to have EVERYTHING unlocked after the first play through. Having the new Cosmetics like Cal’s Inquisitor Outfit and all his Ponchos, color schemes is great and all, but being able to use our Abilities that we unlocked during our first play through. The fact that only the Cosmetics transfer over and not the abilities you unlocked, makes new game plus pointless to play. Never been disappointed in Respawn until now I’m addition to not being able to stack grenades in Apex Legends.

Message 1 of 7 (2,150 Views)

Re: New Game (Journey) sucks.

★★★ Guide

They seriously gave us everything that's been asked for in these forums... DLC, red kyber crystal, unlocked LS colors, way more than I thought they'd ever just hand us. They said they left the skills locked because of game balance. That's a pretty generous patch, it's a bit harsh to say it sucks, don't you think

Message 2 of 7 (2,123 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
yeah since most enemies start of fairly easy at the beginning it would be to easy to have all your abilities. and still in the story cal has to progress his abilities otherwise half the story is pointless. for me i have really gotten used to jedi grand master difficulty and i find now going through troopers fairly easy now with all my skills on my old playthrough. but that's just my opinion.
Message 3 of 7 (2,070 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Gargamel314 wrote:

They seriously gave us everything that's been asked for in these forums... DLC, red kyber crystal, unlocked LS colors, way more than I thought they'd ever just hand us. They said they left the skills locked because of game balance. That's a pretty generous patch, it's a bit harsh to say it sucks, don't you think

Respawn doesn’t know what they are talking about when they said they left the skills out cause of balance. Who cares about balance in a Singleplayer only Game? It’s not like it’s a multiplayer game. 🙄

Message 4 of 7 (2,045 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ResidentRecon It wouldn't hurt to show some gratitude for the things Respawn did give their fans. They didn't have to release anything at all, but they gave us a new gamemode and a couple other new things. You've got a legitimate point, but it would be wise to make it more graciously, and with thankfulness for what we have.
Message 5 of 7 (2,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ResidentReconI agree. And these people replying saying oh the enemies will be too easy and the game would be too easy have never played a NG+ game. The point of NG+ is to be able to see what it would be like to start with your abilities, to be able to explore fully before continuing, to be able to play on very hard difficulties. Stop whining that cosmetics are enough. They didnt add NG+ they just added some cosmetics and that's it. They could've just done that in the normal game and you could've just restarted and it would be the exact same except now in a normal game restart there is more to do because all the chests are open in NG+. So a couple months of no updates to add a boring meditation arena and a simplistic cosmetic. They should've spent that time developing a good NG+ with your abilities, lightsabers and skills with a few changes to the story as well as adding a lot of new cosmetics that go into evil cal. Such as different designs to the inquisitor outfit and more evil looking lightsaber parts. This update is rushed and lazy. Dont give me the argument that it would break the game because that's literally what NG+ plus is. That's why it f*cking unlocks after you complete the bloody game.

Message 6 of 7 (1,930 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The problem that I have with the whole thing is what a new game + implies. I have already beaten the game once. unlockables and chests were the reason for further exploration and now I look out onto the map and see chests that I cannot reach because I haven't unlocked the ability to obtain them but they're open anyway. I'll use arkham city as a reference for this. You beat the game and then you played new game+ and you felt like Batman, you were ready for anything. It didn't take away from the story you already played, it added to it. You were Batman you had the plan and all the gear you EARNED in your previous play through. You wanted to play the game on harder difficulties because you felt prepared and then you relished in things you forgot but werent hindered in the process of starting at square one. Some one here said that the developers didn't need to do anything for the game and that's true, but what they did in the update was add something that actually took away from your experience in the game. I would have rather started the game over at zero with the option of the challenges during meditation and nothing that I unlocked before, because now why would I explore the entirety of the world's they created I already did that and the new game+ reminds me I did so. The thing about a new game+ is that you have already EARNED the things you are using, it is unbalanced but for the best reasons. You EARNED the ability to be a jedi in the game, but with what they gave you it just feels like all you earned was to not open chests, start over, and absolutely don't leave the path. 

Message 7 of 7 (1,845 Views)