Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: New Content

by Reposter

Original Post

Highlighted

New Content

★★★★ Guide

Hi guys, I was thinking for New Content for Anthem 2.0, what exactly do we want?

Things I have been thinking about:

1. They should not get rid of the current game Content.

2. I was hoping maybe they expand the Freeplay map with 35% more new areas to go.

3. We just need 1 new Stronghold every 3 months.

4. New Gear and Weapons, probably not too many like 5 or 6 new Items every 3 Months

5. New Factions are okay, but no more New Enemy Unit Types for Existing Enemy Factions.

Just some for food for thought.

Message 1 of 11 (815 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

Just my opinions here.

1. They're not planning to as far as they've stated currently. Just fixing certain game systems and actually expanding the world.
  2. We'll likely be seeing at least the region for the Pirates of Blood Wind, potentially more.
  3. This is a little bit of an ask. It's not impossible, but something that requires a lot of work. Granted game files indicated there were 9 planned/started so it's not outside of reason.
  4. I could see a Cata level patch every 3-4 months being a good content cycle if they can make it work, but that also has concerns with potential time crunch.
  5. I wouldn't mind seeing more enemy units in existing factions, as long as they're new and interesting, and not just more common enemies. I wouldn't be opposed to more units that have unique kill conditions.

Overall I think after 2.0, something similar is about what they should be shooting for as a content cycle. At least 3 yearly content updates, with a 4th that should aim to expand the world or continue the story. Kind of similar to how Warframe and other games in the genre typically operate.

Just a person out to help in communities I am part of, where possible.
An aspiring Game Designer that loves digging into the mechanics of a game, regardless of genre. Prefer RPGs, FPS and similar styles of game.

I do not work for EA, all opinions and statements are my own.
Message 2 of 11 (764 Views)
Highlighted

Champion
@Reposter Why don’t you want new enemy types for existing factions? That really limits things. Why limit things?

Just another gamer hoping to help.
Love playing RPGs, MMOs, and Action games.
Like watching most other games.

I'm not employed by EA.
Message 3 of 11 (763 Views)
Highlighted

Here's my question for the group - do you want to carry your existing javs over, or are you ok with the Cabal destroying the tower and starting over?

For me, I'd like to carry mine over, and simply continue.  However, if a skill tree is implemented, I don't know how that would work.  What are your thoughts?

Message 4 of 11 (737 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

#3 I think this is too ambitious and could likely disrupt the narrative. The game is still story driven, it just seemed to stop. Maybe if they decide to carry it forward a new stronghold could be opened for a new chapter. Its just that 4 per year would be a TON of work for an entire team when eventually they would like to have the game run itself with occasional tweaks or additions (IMO). Side note: What about holiday events?

#4 I don't want my gear pool getting too big. It would be increasingly too difficult to randomly get what you want by any method. Rather, there are other javs to play if you want variety. A little more would be fine (and welcome), but not the rate you're talking about. Changing/tweaking some existing gear would totally be my suggestion. So many are just not fun IMO.

#5 New enemies is a given. Not sure why anyone wouldn't want this, but shaking things up is usually adding something new to defeat. Something... more deadly than what you already know. This should mean a new stronghold for a nice sized chunk of content (but still not 4 per year).

My theory is that 2.0 will change too much to maintain what we all know. Likely we will have to restart, but there is a chance that certain data will carry over similar to Mass Effect saves in that universe. Regardless, whatever they do it is big enough to warrant a "2.0" which means it will not be insignificant. Likely they have listened to the many complaints and have tried to tweak the game to accommodate, but at some point the changes became too much and warranted the "2.0". In favor of continuing the game and attracting more players it seems they have invested much. I'm very intrigued to see what they've done with their 2nd chance.

Message 5 of 11 (716 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
@ChiraaKitteh Hmm, I was thinking its better just to fight new factions rather than add to old ones, kind of a get a new feel for the game thing. But maybe you have a point, its ok to add to existing factions if they can they do it properly if it is still a surmountable challenge.
Message 6 of 11 (684 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think almost anything new would be just great in comparison to almost dead silence and inertia we are having now.All is just talking about this or that,which actually leads to nowhere.Where is anything substantial,except discussions about presupposed new content, which changes like once in 3 months.I am really starting to think that the concept of live service just changed to concept of life talk about game developement, but have to say that it is not satisfying even in that way.Unfortunatelly these days I am not getting into Anthem often,but I am still not loosing hope in it and trying to find something about its future at least in this official forum, but so far it doesnt look much livelier  than the game itself.

Message 7 of 11 (602 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

1. Different environments. Every mission/contract/stronghold looks and feels the same. Each biome can have different enemies and wildlife
2. Either an improved loot system and new loot or none at all. Try a different approach to gear and abilities

3. Subclasses for javelins to vary the gameplay. Example: two variations of the colossus where one can be artillery and the other can be the tank; each with their own abilities and ultimates.

4. Armor that isn’t just cosmetic. Let it serve a purpose

5. Creative content that explores ideas of what the “anthem” can do. Warp reality, send us back in time or to the future, turn us into creatures that essentially makes us a boss type enemy in a mission or clash with giant titans. 
6. Endgame content. This one is obvious. Anthem never had any endgame content (and no, Grandmaster 3 doesn’t count). Why not create an area on the map that represents a type of endgame zone? Like a volcanic area, underwater, or up in the sky. Maybe raids? Just try something. Anything. 

Message 8 of 11 (585 Views)
Highlighted

Champion
@AXIIIth Follow Christian Dailey ( @ChristianDailey ) on twitter (twitter.com) if you want to keep up-to-date. Before this it was months and months of zero comms.

Just another gamer hoping to help.
Love playing RPGs, MMOs, and Action games.
Like watching most other games.

I'm not employed by EA.
Message 9 of 11 (533 Views)
Highlighted

@Jonny_Castilloux   for my part I would rather start over with a new system....I think the main point is to grow stronger, acquire new gear... that makes me want to play more and more. A lot of us have reach a high level and can solo a lot even in GM3 so starting over would be rejuvenating... I know we've grinded a lot to get what we have but.... And how many of you have started a new game (new pilot) already ?

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 10 of 11 (465 Views)
Twitter Stream