New Community Manager | EA_Kent

by BarryBL

Original Post

New Community Manager | EA_Kent

EA Codemasters Team

Morning Racers!

Hope everyone is settling well into EA Answers HQ, have seen some familiar usernames in the chats.

I’d like to take this time to introduce you to @EA_Kent , who will be taking over most of the F1 Community Manager duties from myself after the launch of F1 22 alongside other members of the EA Answers HQ team. @EA_Kent  brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise across a host of EA games and has over 3500 solutions offered on EA Answers HQ. He will also be receiving a full induction on the F1 project by me, so he will be fully up to speed on launch. He will also be joined by our Codemasters moderator icon and my Forum Championship team-mate (mostly so we avoid driving into each other every week – those who know know :P) @up100  who will continue to provide his excellent support and help across EA Answers HQ.

For those who are interested, I am remaining with EA/F1 in a ‘Player First’ role within the developer team, so you can cancel the 'Barry's finally gone' parties you were arranging. I’ll still be occasionally visiting the forums, as well as other channels, and may well see you on track!

I’d just like to say a short thank you to everyone I’ve raced with, talked to, laughed with, and worked alongside to make the games the best they can be. It's a genuine pleasure and a lot of fun. Remember, I'm not going far. I’ll be watching, always watching :P

Please join me in welcoming @EA_Kent  and the rest of the EA Answers HQ support team into the F1 community. The floor is yours…

EA, Codemasters & F1 Game

Due to excessive amounts of traffic, DM's are disabled and posts to personal profile will be screened for this user.

Message 1 of 60 (6,428 Views)

Re: New Community Manager | EA_Kent

★★★★★ Pro
@BarryBL It’s glad to hear you will still be around Barry and to @EA_Kent welcome aboard. I look forward to hearing and seeing you around.
Message 2 of 60 (6,396 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Just curious what will happen with our suggestions.. Will there be a suggestion sub forum, will the devs look at it anyway or should we bin our ideas etc. now entirely?

Message 3 of 60 (6,383 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

We're thrilled to have you here with us on Answers HQ! I know that many of you are coming over from the Codemasters forums, and it's cool to see a passionate, tight-knit community like this around the F1 series. 

I'll share some background on myself while I've got the opportunity. I've been working at EA since 2015, originally on the social media side with Twitter and Facebook. I came over to Answers HQ in 2019 to have a chance to talk to our communities more directly. Like BarryBL mentioned, I do also help out with other boards including Apex Legends, GRIDFIFA Mobile, and some others. 

I'm really excited to get to know everyone and for the future of the F1 community here on AHQ. You'll see some other EA faces helping out on these boards, so feel free to say hi and reach out to us if you need a hand. 

See you around the track! 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 60 (6,330 Views)

★★★ Pro

Thank you @BarryBL for what you have done so far (and will continue to do in the F1 world) and welcome among us F1 players @EA_Kent Standard smile

Message 5 of 60 (6,319 Views)

★ Guide
@BarryBL always fun to race against you
and welcome EA_Kent
Message 6 of 60 (6,289 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Meza994

We'll look into getting a spot set up for suggestions. In the meantime you can always drop them at the General Discussion board. 

Kent.png
Message 7 of 60 (6,265 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@BarryBL does that mean you're returning the corporate Subaru? On a serious note, what is this new role of yours?

@EA_Kent please state your top 3 picks for the 2022 season, your top 3 favorite drivers and whether Hamilton should be forced to [CM - family friendly edit].

Message 8 of 60 (6,240 Views)

★★ Guide

End of a era @BarryBL 🥲

Message 9 of 60 (6,231 Views)

EA Codemasters Team

@mariohomoh not a corporate BRZ, but a personal one. May as well enter my midi-life crisis in style :P  To answer your question, it's not 100% set it stone, but it will be a 'Player First developer' sort of role, where I take wider community thoughts, feedback and ideas and discuss these with the developer team to get the best F1 game we can to you. 

Seems a natural progression, and something I'm exciting to get involved with. Means that I won't be too far from the forums :P 

EA, Codemasters & F1 Game

Due to excessive amounts of traffic, DM's are disabled and posts to personal profile will be screened for this user.

Message 10 of 60 (6,197 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help