Re: New Breed Aimbot & Speedhacks (inc. Video)

by OmniDetta

Original Post

New Breed Aimbot & Speedhacks (inc. Video)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I ran into a new breed of Aimbot today, combined with a good old fashioned early-game speed hack.

What made this 'bot unique (to me), was the fact that previous 'bots I have seen in the game would snap to a target's head, and then track it perfectly (in a very inhuman manner). This bot allowed the player to maintain natural human aiming movements (perhaps to spoof cheat detection?), but the bullets would shoot out at a trajectory that was entirely independent, and very different to that of gun itself. These smart-bullets track perfectly, and are utterly devastating. 

It will make more sense when you see it in action. Please also note the instant reloads, heals, and insane movement - You can see the video here:
Note to Admins, his teammates were not cheating and I have censored out the offenders name, so I'm not 'player shaming'!

[Video removed for profanity - Admin.]

Message 1 of 14 (1,367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@OmniDettaI have noticed a big increase in the speed hack recently as well. The bullet "tracing" I have not seen often...just the typical "soft" aim cheat that misses a portion of the time.

Message 2 of 14 (1,347 Views)

★★★ Expert

There's 2 kind of aimbots. Pro active and retroactive.

The proactive hacks hijacks the player's inputs and adjust before shots are fired (usually after the first shot while aiming down sights) 

The retroactive ones alter the packets that the player's game client makes after shots were fired, giving the appearance of player hitting people they're not even tracking well.

Message 3 of 14 (1,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hmmm, 'Bullet tracing' eh?  Is that the technical term for this type of cheat?

I've seen a large number of instant snap-to and track aimbots in Apex, where the reticle is literally glued to the opponents face, until the millisecond they are knocked, and then it twitches to the next head, in quite literally a single frame. This is the first time I have seen one where they can apparently manually aim in an opponents general directions, and the bullets themselves seemingly do all of the hard the work! Raised eyebrow

Message 4 of 14 (1,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@WingmannedbroVery informative, thank you! In that case, I have seen plenty of proactive hacks, but this is the first time I have seen a retroactive one first hand. Any idea what the advantage is? Are they perhaps harder to detect via automated processes?

Message 5 of 14 (1,318 Views)

★★★ Expert

@OmniDetta wrote:

@WingmannedbroVery informative, thank you! In that case, I have seen plenty of proactive hacks, but this is the first time I have seen a retroactive one first hand. Any idea what the advantage is? Are they perhaps harder to detect via automated processes?

Good question, I wouldn't know actually. If i had to guess i'd say that retroactives are easier to detect since the anti cheat team can literally see a misalignment between what the player's client says and the packets the servers receive.

Proactives are probably more popular since there's less incriminating data.

Then again i'm going on conjecture here so i may be totally mistaken.

Message 6 of 14 (1,304 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Wingmannedbro I suppose it would depend on what the anti-cheat system is looking for. Yes, there might be a mismatch of data (if they are comparing the two), but the trade off is you're not making any inhuman movements (180 deg turns) in a frame.

But perhaps we are giving the detection system too much credit - if it's checking for suspicious behaviour in real-time, it should be able to pick up on (and punish) 1000% movement speed and rapid fire heals instantly no? Furthermore, while there is no way of knowing how long the player featured in my video had been cheating for, I suspect that this wasn't his first time, and based on his weapon skin, the account has been active for a long time, and he played enough to max out his season 2 battlepass @ lvl 110 (which we know was a bit of a grind!).

Message 7 of 14 (1,284 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thanks for sharing the video and remove the player name so people can really see how the hack works in action.

If the bullet has eyes, and just goes to the head, that's freaking scary, more scary than CORONA Virus.

Combine with speed hack, that is totally gross.

You have reported the player, right?

CDC, Anti Cheat, must find the vaccine, before it kills Apex.

Message 8 of 14 (1,203 Views)

★★ Guide
@OmniDetta Its sad and pathetic .. All these cheaters want to be competitive but don’t have the skills or gaming experience to back it up so they resort to cheating.
Message 9 of 14 (1,168 Views)

Recent speed-hacking trend

★ Novice

I'm not sure why but it seems that after the last patch on PC I have seen a drastic increase in hackers. I literally had 3 games with speed hackers who cleaned up the entire lobby this morning alone. This is really making the Apex Legends experience unappealing 

Message 10 of 14 (1,142 Views)