Re: New Battle Pass Requirements

by ObviousProblem

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@NaRnIaaa seasons, 2, 3, and 5 I completed within 7-9 weeks while skipping all "Land in X Area get Y Knockdowns", "Win X ranked games", "Play X ranked games", "X (jump-pad / zip line phase) teammates with Y's ulti", "Revive X teammates", and "Respawn X teammates" objectives, regardless of whether they gave EXP or BP levels.

Seasons 4 and 6 I stopped playing for literal months and was unable to complete. Even then, 2 days of double EXP for Season 6 was enough for me to get 28 levels (from 56 - 84) without actively farming challenges within 16 total hours of play. 

It's not "completely wrong", it's most likely that you just didn't have as much time as I did to play, or you just didn't play as much as I did so the numbers seem like bogus. I've seen people power through and complete the pass within 5-6 weeks, and that truly baffles me. Nonetheless, 7-9 weeks for completion was a wholly possible goal with previous seasons, now with the new BP update it is no longer possible. 

Message 21 of 47 (542 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@pastaclown  "seasons, 2, 3, and 5 I completed within 7-9 weeks while skipping all "Land in X Area get Y Knockdowns", "Win X ranked games", "Play X ranked games", "X (jump-pad / zip line phase) teammates with Y's ulti", "Revive X teammates", and "Respawn X teammates" objectives, regardless of whether they gave EXP or BP levels." which means you played A LOT and hit the 45 or even the 54k threshold every week

Message 22 of 47 (539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@NaRnIaaa Absolutely! I'd always hit the 54k cap on the day of weekly reset, or the day after. 

Message 23 of 47 (532 Views)

Champion
@NaRnIaaa The old pass was easily achieved by people I know that barely play the game.
Message 24 of 47 (529 Views)

Champion
@pastaclown Careful this guy is the local "you play one game too much" guy.
Message 25 of 47 (525 Views)

★★★★ Guide

yes, of course...wait, it's impossible since you needed to either complete all challenges or play a lot

Message 26 of 47 (518 Views)

Champion

I mean I hit bp 100 and played for maybe 2 hours a day with almost no weekend play time.

It isn't just the amount of games you play....its the exp you earn per game. When I was playing apex actively I'd have the BP done in around 5 weeks.

Not that it matters too much seeing as this system is somewhat different.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 27 of 47 (509 Views)

★★★ Expert
@pastaclown I've done the math too, I'm not in disagreement, just saying that there might be more variables that they didn't make public yet or there will be a patch addressing this. Contrary to what many players think, a more grindy battlepass won't do them good and might even screw up this new beginnings that they set out with Season 7.
Message 28 of 47 (485 Views)

★★ Pro
@DoYaSeeMe What there saying is EA know that like 70%+ of the playerbase are 1 time purchasing the BP, the stretching out of challenges and difficulty have gone up nd up the past 2-3 seasons
Message 29 of 47 (473 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@pastaclown I’m not paying for levels. Ever. All this tells me is to spend my time and money playing a different game. Even though I love this one. Greedy EA, there was nothing wrong with the old system.
Message 30 of 47 (462 Views)