Re: New Arsenal. We getting back to modern times boys!!!

by Trokey66

Original Post

New Arsenal. We getting back to modern times boys!!!

★★★★★ Novice

Yesterday on twitter guy name Temporyal dig out some guns from pre-alpha game build. For me and for You its obvious that this game already means future. As a tittle said we are in 2042. But how many wepons we will be having? Is it going to be like, earn-buy-handle it like in Battlefield 5 or they gonna bring out old system unlock-handle it like Battlefield 3 and for 4 does. My opinion about weapon system in a game? Obviously it is different then prevoius titles, but is it good? We need to wait and check for ourselves. I wish DICE could probably came back to good old "when you unlock a weapon with a task, you got it in your eq". For Me personally it will be more intresting to do some tasks to unlock new weapons, without spending company coins on them. That is all i have to say about arsenal. Cheers guys, stay tuned for Battlefield 2042.

Message 1 of 10 (486 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@JayZirka Not a big fan of buying weapons with the coins, or microtransactions. I'd just prefer the old fashioned way of ranking-up and unlocking. If it's going to be a bunch of in-game purchases, or pay-to-win stuff, I'm out. Buying cosmetics is fine, if you want them, but buying weapons, perks or upgrades is a deal-breaker, for me.
Message 2 of 10 (472 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@JayZirka You are talking about weapon skins aren't you?
Message 3 of 10 (460 Views)

★★ Expert

@ChugKendall wrote:
@JayZirkaNot a big fan of buying weapons with the coins, or microtransactions. I'd just prefer the old fashioned way of ranking-up and unlocking. If it's going to be a bunch of in-game purchases, or pay-to-win stuff, I'm out. Buying cosmetics is fine, if you want them, but buying weapons, perks or upgrades is a deal-breaker, for me.

I realy dont hope the copy/paste the coin/upgrade tree system from from BFV.

It was annoying.

I dont mind coins for skins. I can just skip that part. I don`t care what color my weapon or vehicle is.

Message 4 of 10 (431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@SirBobdk wrote:

@ChugKendall wrote:
@JayZirkaNot a big fan of buying weapons with the coins, or microtransactions. I'd just prefer the old fashioned way of ranking-up and unlocking. If it's going to be a bunch of in-game purchases, or pay-to-win stuff, I'm out. Buying cosmetics is fine, if you want them, but buying weapons, perks or upgrades is a deal-breaker, for me.

I realy dont hope the copy/paste the coin/upgrade tree system from from BFV.

It was annoying.

I dont mind coins for skins. I can just skip that part. I don`t care what color my weapon or vehicle is.

Agreed @SirBobdk ,

EA can monetize the skins if they want!

But the core game and weapons should not be in such sinister scheme.  We absolutely do not want the Battlefield game to be 'pay to win' !

Think the simple yet robust methodology is simply to earn unlocks to new weapons within a given class by kills.  And with one weapon, you unlock again its accessories by kills you make with that weapon.  Personally I enjoyed many of the past game relevant assignments to unlock a given weapon.  But dont think the bigger player community agree that such weapons then should be anything special in force versus otherwise available in the standard range of weapons. 

Message 5 of 10 (372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@CyberDyme wrote:

Agreed @SirBobdk ,

EA can monetize the skins if they want!

But the core game and weapons should not be in such sinister scheme.  We absolutely do not want the Battlefield game to be 'pay to win' !

Think the simple yet robust methodology is simply to earn unlocks to new weapons within a given class by kills.  And with one weapon, you unlock again its accessories by kills you make with that weapon.  Personally I enjoyed many of the past game relevant assignments to unlock a given weapon.  But dont think the bigger player community agree that such weapons then should be anything special in force versus otherwise available in the standard range of weapons. 

Personally, I prefer that weapons/vehicles are unlocked by level up soldier and attachments by using the weapon/vehicle

I think it was annoying with upgrade trees where you used coins for unlocks and if you chose wrong you were bound by the choice until lvl 4-6. 

It was also annoying to change the vehicle upgrade tree ingame, since it was only possible when the vehicle spawned and if you were lucky to get it.

Then I am generally against unlocks which make weapons/vehicles better .This was generally a major problem with planes in BFV imo. 

I think asignments and coins should be for skins only. A lot of players enjoy getting new skins for their soldier/weapons/Vehicles and I respect that.

Message 6 of 10 (350 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Trokey66 Maybe not a skins, its much about unlocking a weapons in it.
Message 7 of 10 (327 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@JayZirkaGuys imagine maybe gunsmith from Call of Duty Modern Warfare. It was really good from the point when you could equip so many atachments. It could be good. But lets hope DICE will not back up a system from Battlefield 5 tho.

Message 8 of 10 (322 Views)

★ Guide

I want that mexican drug cartel gold-plated Sturmgewehr. Mmmm. Awesome xD

I still dont get what the topic name has to do with actual text inside.

I like old bf games no bs.

Message 9 of 10 (300 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@JayZirka It's just that no weapons had to be bought with CC only skins.
Message 10 of 10 (273 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help